No Man’s Sky Next

Associate
looking forward to this update next week! Particularly excited to see how improved the worlds are. Bought the game a year ago due to the Atlas Rises update and enjoyed it for about 40 hours but then just got really bored as all the planets were much of a muchness and got boring once the novelty wore off.

Hopefully this will really flesh out the game and it’s a perfect match for hdr with the colour palette used. Really nice game for taking screenshots.

Associate
OP
Fir those getting this on XboneX you’re in for a visual treat at least if nothing else. Native 4K I believe and it looks really good on the pro so it’ll be a visual feast. For those with a decent hdr tv this a great showcase game too.

Associate
OP
Gonna fire this up later. Think I’ll start again though not sure yet. Probably best to though to get the full experience for how Xbox players will be experiencing it for the first time. Interested to see how they’ve pushed the Gfx and if draw distance and frame rates have improved on the pro. I just hope variation of the planets is much more varied than before as this game suffered from an ititial wow factor to a realisation of is this it?

Associate
OP
Just fired it up. I’m a bit underwhelmed tbh. Think I may just be over NMS and when I heard those same creature noises I felt that feeling of boredom I had last year come bk to me. Also really bad pop in much worse than last patch greeted me as soon as I walked into a cave. Frame rate seems pretty poor too. Overall I guess it’s NMS and I think I was just sick of it. Really can’t be bothered to have to scan and mine everything as they’ll all just the same on every planet pretty much. Maybe I’m being a bit quick to judge and need to persevere but the draw distances they claim are massively improved clearly aren’t and after games this gen which have had next to no pop-in I just find it really breaks immersion for me.

Associate
OP
Think you have to force 1080p in PS4 settings. Don’t remember seeing it in the options last night but may be wrong. Don’t want to be playing games in 1080p anyway on a 4K screen. 1440p minimum for me.

Associate
OP
In an ideal world I'm the same but if it can't achieve it I'm happy to take this option. Tbh I sit so far away that it's not too much of a concern for me over a solid frame rate. Probably just a bit of a poo engine

I hear ya. Yeah I think Gfx have moved on since this released and this company do seem to really talk things up and not deliver e.g. draw distances etc in patch notes yet there’s really bad pop-in and dodgy textures etc.

Associate
OP
Planets are still really boring. They are basically all the same and so are the creatures. Games like HZD, witcher where the world are crafted by artists are much more fun to explore. I’d rather a handful of incredibly diverse and rich ecosystems than billions of the same

Back
Top Bottom