No Mow May

Man of Honour

anyone doing this?
I've just heard about this a couple of days ago, but as I've reseeded my lawn I wasn't going to mow it for the next few weeks...so coincides exactly with this lol

Soldato
And then there's Newcastle council:

And this one has a special place in retiree John's heart, not just because he can see it from his front door, but because it won a "Thriving Wildflower Award" from the Royal Horticultural Society. However, on Wednesday, May 1, the plot on Windsor Way was mown by the council, leaving just a handful of wildflowers and tufts of dry, churned up grass.

Last edited:
Soldato
We did no mo may a couple of years ago, and ended up with a plague of pandas coming from the overgrown lawn. A cull had to be organised as they were becoming a bit of a nuisance. Sad really.

Soldato
We did no mo may a couple of years ago, and ended up with a plague of pandas coming from the overgrown lawn. A cull had to be organised as they were becoming a bit of a nuisance. Sad really.

The English Garden Panda:

wp7929008.jpg

Caporegime
Waste of time if your gardens grass and not wild flowers.

just plant a line of lavender bees love it, needs cutting back when the flowers die off though or it will look a big mess the next year with woody stems

Last edited:
Soldato
Having a dog it's pretty much a nope from me. I do however focus on the planting side instead. Got quite a few flowers/shrubs that the bees love.

Soldato
I haven’t had any plans for our raised beds this year as yet and they’ve been taken over by Alkanet and forget me nots. Amazing display of blue wildflowers which the bees go crazy for. Will probably dig them over at some point to get some plants in the ground.

Edit - the grass is absolutely getting cut though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom