No settings in BIOS for 1T, Its running at 2T. Please help.

Permabanned
Hi,
I built the system in my Sig in the Xmas holidays and its run nicely since. But I noticed on bootup, its running in 2T. Its in dual channel. I dont know what to do. Maybe its faulty Ram, Mobo maybe. Someone must be able to help me out. Its kind of annoying. Ive messed with the Bios but to no avail.
Any suggestions are welcome as Ive got time to mess about with it today.
Regards

MC_Bob

Permabanned
OP
Jokester said:
It might be called Command Rate in the BIOS.

Jokester

:( Couldn't find that in the Bios.
While doing a search on google for the mobo I found the following shot of a Chaintech VNF4 Ultra
v_thumb.php
The mobo is based on the same layout, and I think its the same Bios. But how come its not got that option to change 1T/2T on mine?
Please help me out.
Regards

MC_Bob

Permabanned
OP
MikeTimbers said:
You know it makes sod all difference don't you? Tests done at XtremeSystems showed a difference so small you'd only see it in benchmarks.

May be true, but its getting on my ..., and its not really the point, im doubting I may have faulty hardware. I would just like to have it running at 1T, there is a performance increase.
Regards

Associate
In the BIOS of the DFI nF4 boards its gives you the choice of enable, disable or auto think it is called command rate anyways enable was 1T

Permabanned
OP
lee87 said:
Try using A64 Tweaker, I think you can change it to 1T using this. It will only change timings when it boots into windows though.

http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=106

Hi, I done that and it did work, knocked 2 secs off my SuperPi time.
I understand it works but I dont really want to do it in Windows evertime I turn the computer on. I would like it to be in the Bios, thats how it should be anyway.
Regards

MC_Bob

Edit: I will have annother butchers in my Bios for these settings, it is the latest one aswell.
Regards

Permabanned
OP
OMG.
I flashed the later BIOS back and now it wont boot. It just beeps but for nothing. The power light flashes. I didnt do anything wrong, flash went fine.
It has 3 different toned beeps. 2 high 2 medium 2 low, does anyone know what I can do. Its just sitting there doing nothing. Im bout to cry :eek: .

Regards

MC_Bob

Back
Top Bottom