No Signal to Monitor (surprise surprise)

Soldato
Spec:
Asus A8V Deluxe
3500+ Winchester
1Gb Corsair Value Ram
ThermalTake Purepower 480w PSU
Radeon 9800 Pro + X800 XT

Ok, So i boot it up, no signal to monitor, reseated RAM, tried different gfx card. Also resent the CMOS by taking out the battery from the mobo, then it worked, changed date and time in bios, saved and exit, then on reboot no signal to monitor again.

im lost, can anyone help? thanks

whenever i remove the battery to reset the CMOS, it then boots but after setting the date and time in BIOS it doesnt. If i load default BIOS values it loads into windows, but then on restart there will be no signal again

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
new mobo, does the same
tried different HDD, just about to try different RAM. i cant believe this though, i hate computers sometimes.

edit:

Ok have tried the following to no avail:

Different Mobo
Different GFX card
different monitor
different Ram
reset CMOS (temp fix)

only the PSU and CPU now, but i havent got any spare...

edit 2: on a side note, the Mouse and Keyboard don't light up when this happens

please help

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
wooooboowoooboowooobooo (in Dr. Zoidberg voice)

Found another PSU, has booted first time.............fingers crossed for future boots

edit: oh my god, reboot, and nothing, im completely lost, the only thing left is the CPU, surely it cant be that?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
i dont think so,

but can you believe it, boot MY pc up this morning, first two boots and no signal to monitor, this PC has booted every day fine for 9 months, as soon as i get the prob on another comp, it happens to this one, luckily booted ok on 3rd restart

Associate
try booting in safe mode . check that the graphi=cs card refresh rate is not set to higher than the monitor can support for a given resolution .

i.e some graphics cards will run at 125 or higher hertz refresh as default and the monitor cannt run at this hertz for a given resoulution ( 125 hertz/1024x768) so the monitor reports " no signal " i.e at 1024x768 resolution the highest hertz the monitor can work with may be as low as 75 hertz while the graphics card is running at a default hertz higher than the monitor can display .

booting into safe mode will set the resoultion to 640x480 or 800x 600 and most monitors can work at much higer hertz at this resoultion. you can the change the GPU settings

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom