No stable overclock, but only in games.

Soldato
In speedfan it says my +12v is 9.72v - My system is stable in everything, prime, orthos and memtest. Yet when I play BF2, it freezes after a while and the sound loops, or it'll just reboot.

I've got a X1900XTX and a couple fo SATA drives, Audigy, DVD-RW. Its an Antec SU-380 PSU.

Can I trust those speedfan readings? What other free program can I use to test it?

Or shall I just fork out more money on a new PSU??

edit: Hm I just put a voltage monitor on my plug. When Im playing BF2, it says its taking 325W, this sounds a bit too close to the 380W my PSU is rated for yes?

When using just TAT or prime to test stablity, its fine because the wattage only goes upto 220W on my plug monitor thing.

Permabanned
No esp on some Asus mobos its a mile out and dont see chips for reading all info on my Asus or other ones I have used from AM2 range, still does temps etc accurate just doublecheck in bios and set properly as the names can be wrong, like the K8 core is not the core in mines, I just today read all my volts on load with a multimeter and all are + readings so Speedfan is wrong for me.

Soldato
I had the same problem on my comp, i had a 3500+ oc to 2.5ghz i lowered the oc slightly still happened but rarer. I changed the 2.5,3,3,7 timings of my geil value ddr 2gb ram to 2.5,3,3,8 and lowered the volts from max of 2.8 mb allowed to 2.7 and it fixed it. With the changes to mem volts and timings i think i might try more oc see if its stable now.

But anyhow i had a freeze when started gaming on some games sometimes in 2 mins sometimes 30 mins it froze comp with a repeating same noise er noise had to reboot comp myself. Since above changes to mem and slight decrease in cpu oc from 2530 to 2497 its been fine in games since. I use corsair 620w psu btw.

Soldato
OP
Hmm well it say the max output on my PSU is 338W, and seeing as I'm using 325W when playing battlefield, i think that's probably the reason.

When i run my cpu at stock, the max power never goes over about 260W and it doesnt crash.

Back
Top Bottom