No video output

Associate
Hi

Trying to build a pc for wife [my first build in over 10 years]. Power seems to go through motherboard as fans are spinning, but I get no display, not even a bios screen. I've tried connecting the monitor, both to graphics card via HDMI and direct to motherboard output. Also tried connecting with display port, DVI and VGA connections with no luck. Any idea what I should do?

The pc specs are as follows:

CPU: Intel Core i3 10100F Comet Lake CPU

GPU: AMD RX 570 [off old pc]

SSD: Western Digital Blue SN550 1TB M.2-2280 SSD

RAM: Kingston FURY Beast 16GB (2x 8GB) 3200MHz DDR4

MBD: ASUS Prime H510M-E Intel Socket 1200 Motherboard

PSU: Corsair CX550F RGB, 80 PLUS Bronze Fully Modular ATX Power

I’ve tried booting up with just CPU and board with all other components removed, but no bios screen. I ordered a replacement board in case first board was faulty. But still no video output. Not sure what else to try.

Ed

Man of Honour
You won't get video output from the motherboard because you have a F CPU (no graphics), so it would have to be from the graphics card.

Do you have any other graphics cards you could try?

Checked all the cables to the motherboard and graphics card are firmly seated (especially the 8 pin at the top of the motherboard!)?

Make sure the memory is fully seated too.

Do you have a speaker connected to the front panel?

Associate
OP
I get no output from my graphics card (an RX 570). Memory seems fully seated. If I remove the RAM wouldn't I still get a bios screen or an error message when I turn pc on? I haven't connected a speaker to the front panel so no bleeps when I boot up.

Associate
OP
The only other graphics card I have available is an old Nvidia 7900gto I bought in 2005. It is PCI express but not sure if it would work with a new board. I wish I had bought an i3 with integrated graphics now!

Man of Honour
The only other graphics card I have available is an old Nvidia 7900gto I bought in 2005. It is PCI express but not sure if it would work with a new board. I wish I had bought an i3 with integrated graphics now!
Try one stick of memory and the 570 to boot also check the motherboard cpu socket for bent pins.

Associate
OP
Pins in CPU socket seem ok. None are bent. There are only two RAM slots. I've tried adding one in each but no luck. Exactly the same situation with both sticks of RAM in, or no RAM at all.

Back
Top Bottom