No Windows 10 Anniversary Update from windows update

Soldato
According to one microsoft blog The Windows 10 Anniversary Update is being rolled out to Windows 10 PCs across the world in phases starting with the newer machines first. The blog said you don’t have to do anything to get the Windows 10 Anniversary Update.

I purchased a copy of windows 10 home in december 2015 from a local retail store, it came in a sealed fancy box with a USB 3.0 flash drive inside and a product key. I have done many fresh installations since buying this copy, I usually secure erase the ssd and proceed with a fresh install. Never had a problem until recentley and several days ago, for whatever reason I can't get the anniversary update through windows 10 Settings/Update & Security/Check for updates, I get some updates but not the anniversary update. I had to search for windows update on the web for issues and came across a microsoft website and had to download and install Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant to get the anniversary update, have done this twice now so what's that all about?

I am deliberating moving from windows operating system to either linux or OS X, not really keen on the very expensive iMac though, I want one but Apple gear is so costly. Not that bothered about gaming but midi hardware and music production software is a must have, I wonder what linux is like for VST/DAW and general music production?

Soldato
OP
If you want to make sure this doesn't happen again in the future, then just download the windows media creation tool which will allow you to download the latest version of windows 10 and either put it on a USB drive or create an image that can be used to be burned to a disc (you'll have to download the tool after each major update as one version of the creation tool will only download that tools specific version of windows 10).
I already have a USB retail copy of Windows 10 Home 64bit edition, when I first got it I had no problems installing as and when I chose to, it didn't matter how many times I did this and getting the updates through windows 10 was never a problem until just recentley.

Soldato
OP
The update is rolling out in stages - your machine/windows key obviously hasn't been selected for the update yet. My main machine hasn't either but my ultrabook and kids machines have - I just grabbed the manual update for my main machine.

Don't worry about it.
I did two fresh installs and got the 1607 version aka anniversary update through windows 10 previously but for some strange reason I have to go to a website to download the anniversary update now after a fresh install. All is ok I got the anniversary update through other means, it's just odd and random the way windows 10 updates now on my machine. Never come across this problem before.

Back
Top Bottom