Noctua Home range

Don
Didn't see anything about these previously and then a review just popped up on Eurogamer

Whilst some of the products are great ideas such as for cooling home AV devices and the like, I still can't get over the price... £85.90 for the NV-FS1 - Essentially a AF12x25 fan on a metal bracket with a plastic shroud and a 12v PSU!

If you've already got the fan and a 3d printer they give the schematic to print your own housing off to bring the cost down.

Even die hard Noctua buyers had a hard time swallowing this pricing.

I kinda like the idea, it's a little different.
I saw these, went on eBay and found some cheap chinese 2 x 120mm fans with a mount and USB fan controller for a tenner. I know you can't compare quality but (IMO) the Noctua stuff is just SO overpriced for what it is.

I want an adjustable fan mount for 2 x 140mm with a USB controller, then I can buy my own fans. I couldn't find that when I last looked though :/

It does seem ridicously expensive for what is just a plastic shroud, existing fan they produce and basic 12v power supply (which presumably they sourced and didnt build themselves). Not entirely sure what market they are aiming for here, can't believe offices would buy these?

£86!

I really like Noctua products, pretty much always use their fans in all my systems but that pricing for what it is, Is bonkers!

Yeah I mean.. it's a lifestlye product for sure... why buy that when you can buy something ike this to replace your ceiling light? For less money too!

And it will be a million times better than a tiny directional desk fan.... and a lot more quiet!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom