Noctua introduces chromax.black CPU coolers

Permabanned
Just got the email but as per usual the link is broken so Googled it.

Personally I see it as a good move but I will not be swapping out for sake of it unless they make a newer/better cooler with the same claims as their new 120mm cooler they claim can cool as good or better than their older 140mm cooler.

I have a the D15S and need the Ram and top PCI-E Slot clearance so none so far are any good to me.

noctua-chromax-black-cpu-coolers.jpg

noctua-chromax-black-linus-tech-tips-limited-edition.jpg

https://noctua.at/en/noctua-introduces-chromax-black-cpu-coolers

Permabanned
OP
I do not see how it can be different apart from the black coating could hinder heat transfer a tiny bit as its same as before and the orange has his name on it.

I have a black Chromax (case rear exhaust) its supposed to be 1500rpm but it cannot get much over 1400rpm but its within their -/+ specs but the only Noctua fan I have ever had that does not hit rated speed so I get that part he is going on about.

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Just in case anyone is not aware Noctua's poo coloured 140mm fans that come included with the coolers are 1500rpm but the exact same style fan you buy separately are only 1300rpm, the Chromax 140mm fans are 1500rpm and the black Industrial models are 2000rpm and 3000rpm.

Permabanned
OP
I did not mention the smaller fans as of the top of my head I do not know their speeds but my first Noctua cooler (there first also) was the cooper (not nickle plated) 120mm cooler. ;)

Permabanned
OP
His washing machine did not seem to do so well.

I had the very first Dyson model sold in UK (ignoring the expensive Japanese market model years before) it was the DC001 (not later DC01 that became mainstream/famous).

I was upgraded to the DC01 (near same specs) due to issues with the former) and both were overrated and mediocre IMO (dog owner at time), as my mums older hoover junior (baby one without light on front) picked up more.

Permabanned
OP
Yes I know its the 120mm cooler claiming to be as good as their 140mm but I did not know it was not going to be available in black.

I would need a 140mm cooler that can behave like a 160mm cooler to upgrade but the base is going to be same size so not much room for more pipes but they could do vapour chamber type.

Permabanned
OP
@b00merang69 If it;s anything like my D14, you can move the fan closest to the ram socket up a bit if you need clearance.

They unclip.

The U14 and D14 and D15 block my top PCI-E slot same as many Mobos (meaning GPU would be on the Chipset Lanes not CPU lanes) that is why they made the D15S as well as the Ram clearance.

I am not changing from one cooler to another basically the same due to the colour, it would need to improved performance.

Back
Top Bottom