Noctua LED mod

Soldato
I got a Noctua NF-P12 120mm fan recently to replace my old Scythe cpu fan and decided to put some leds on it. The case is a HAF-X btw. The wires look a bit messy in the pics but I made them cleanner looking later on.

Here's the result (sorry about the poor quality video - will try to make a better one soon)

The fan leds (4 x 5mm ultrabrite RED)..

NF-P12_fan.jpg

The heatsink side with 4 x blue surface mount leds..

NF-P12_blue.jpg

Last edited:
Good work.

I was wondering what the Noctua fans would look like with an LED mod.

Quite like the SMD LED mounting as well to throw some light into and onto the heatsink, in fact I'm surprised just how bright they are. What type are they?

I wonder how they'd turn out with 16 LEDs around the circumference.

Just ask if you are missing something mate, just do it in the tutorial thread. I will help where I can.

To anyone looking for SMD LED's etc. I would not go smaller than 1206 sized ones. Anything smaller is very difficult to hand solder. I have done it, I am a gifted solderer :p.

Just ask if you are missing something mate, just do it in the tutorial thread. I will help where I can.

Oh the tutorial is great, I just mean im no good with electronics so I think I just need to do a little studying.
Both them tutorials are very detailed and informative mate, I will give them a go sometime soon.

why don't noctua just create some fans with smd lights? Every other manufacturer has some nice, non over the top lights only noctua seem to be lagging behind.

I was looking at Noctua to go with my 650D and Sabertooth motherboard, as I wanted to get some copper and vanilla braided cabling, so the fans would match. However I did want white LED's with my fans, hence the question.

Back
Top Bottom