noise coming from my PC when i do things (sound clip inside)

Soldato
Hi all,

right, this is starting to annoy me, not much but enough :p

basically sometimes when i do things with the mouse, my computer makes funny noises, sort of like a cricket or grass hopper calling.

thats the best way to describe it, but ive got a sound clip too, this was taken as i resized the WMP window horizontally :confused:

www.44norman.f2s.com/noise.mp3

you'll have to turn it up quite a bit, but ignore the sound of the fan, its not that noisy in real life :p
i promise its not a stupid thing where you'll listen and it'll go RAR! its only around 10 seconds long

i can hear it quite clearly above the fans if i'm just sat at the computer with music on!

can anyone hazard a guess as to where this noise is coming from? and if there is anything i can do about it to make it go away (and dont just say never resize WMP)

Cheers

S.INC

Associate
I had this problem. It was because I used onboard sound. I could "hear" the mouse move. Must be the electric or summit. It went when I got a seperate sound card.

Not sure if its what you have.

Soldato
Its usually the onboard sound chip being flakey or overheating a bit. I get the same if I leave my nf7 chipset fan unplugged for too long when my systems running, sound crackles and hisses a bit when the mouse does something. To solve it, your chipset just probably needs cooled better.

Man of Honour
If it sounds like a cricket or grass hopper, then i'd hazard a guess at the PSU being the culprit. My Abit Digidice did a similar thing, psu sounded like a miniature zoo sometimes.

Soldato
i have the same sound i think, i thought there was a wasp flying about... and i dont react to wasps lightly (child fear) so i jumped out the room. it is the psu though, i tightened the screws at the back, and it hasnt come back since... weird.

Associate
i have a similar problem on my motherboard, asus a8n-e, its like a high pitch scratching/buzzing sound. however i find that muting line in and mic etc in sound control panel almost eliminates the problem for me.

Back
Top Bottom