Noisey PC.... Jerky Games and Slow Memory!

Soldato
Well curently My PC Spec is:

AMD Athlon Barton-M 2500+ @ 2.41Ghz
1GB Cosair @ 333Mhz 11-3-3-3 Timeings
Abit NF7-s V2.0 Mobo
2x 120GB HDD
ATI Radeon X800XL 256MB
Enermax Noisetaker 480W PSU
Anted Tower Case (One With Window)

And the usualy bits and bobs
my cooling consists of lots of case fans, and a SLK-900U Heatsink with 80MM Delta Screemer, now although i am use to the noise, it does sound like a hair dryer so i think its about time i shut it up a little...... so could anyone please help me get a well cooled system, that would support the 2.4Ghz OC but that is quiet enough to not disturb everyone in the house :)?

Also while im here, in games, such as BF2, Morrowind etc the screen freezes for a very small time then moves forward every min or so.... i am also unable to play certain games like FEAR without the entire game jerking constantly, any idea what is causing this problem? I have tried a format and its not helped.....

Finaly, my memory is good stuff Cosair, 2x512MB sticks, i could run it at 422Mhz, 7-2-2-2 Timeings, with 2.9Volts, however now if i try and run it at anything faster than 333Mhz, 11-3-3-3 Timeings my PC Crashes when i do anything intensive... still needs 2.9Volts any idea whats up? Its not that old only had it since may

What size case fans you running? imho if you can fit them, going from 80mm to 120mm makes a big difference to the noise, cuts out a lot of the high rpm whine. Fan speed controler would also help if your temps are ok.

I had a very similar problem on BF2 recently, little pauses every few minutes. Pretty sure its my disk thats dieing since its now making some very unhealthy noises when i do heavy IO stuff.

Bah just went to play oblivion which has been fine since i had it and it was all jerky, so i opend ATI pannel and the little car on the road was jerky... and my mouse started being a little jerky also, i checked "Event Viewer" and i just found these two entries

The device, \Device\Ide\IdePort1, did not respond within the timeout period.

An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk1\D during a paging operation.

Which are repeated throughtout the past logs

I have tried several things and cant get it sorted... any help please :(?

Back
Top Bottom