Non gaming laptop advice required

Associate
Hello,

I am looking to buy a new laptop (although am prepared to wait), but am having trouble finding a suitable device.

Ideally it would:
  • Have a relatively decent CPU (I would like to do some video and light gaming) - for example a Ryzan 5+
  • A good screen with high refresh rate
  • A Metal chassis
  • A backlit keyboard would be a bonus.
The problem is that I do not want a gaming laptop and it seems the above requirements are only found in those?

Is there anything out there or coming up that would be what I am looking for?

Thanks

Can't type for toffee
Don
Lenovo stuff seems to be getting really good feedback at the moment :)

If you're a student there's regularly 10/15% off places like HP and Lenovo via Totum/Student beans and the likes.

Keep an eye out on HUKD and you may even be able to score a totum membership (Think I paid £24 or summit for a 3yr membership)

Soldato
Does it really matter what the stated purpose of the laptop is if it does what you want? I wanted a laptop with similar performance to my desktop (i7-9700F, GTX 1660 Ti) and the Lenovo Legion 5 Pro fitted the spec. So what if Lenovo choose to call it a gaming laptop? I'm pretty sure you won't get a screen with a high refresh rate in anything other than a gaming laptop but the rest shouldn't be an issue.

Associate
OP
Sorry, should have explained: I am reluctant to get a "gaming" laptop due to it's dedicated graphics card and the effect they apparently have on heat, noise and lifespan.

Does it really matter what the stated purpose of the laptop is if it does what you want? I wanted a laptop with similar performance to my desktop (i7-9700F, GTX 1660 Ti) and the Lenovo Legion 5 Pro fitted the spec. So what if Lenovo choose to call it a gaming laptop? I'm pretty sure you won't get a screen with a high refresh rate in anything other than a gaming laptop but the rest shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks I'll look.

yeah should've asked, whats the negatives to a "gaming" laptop?

Framework laptop?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rkTgPt3M4k

Thanks. I'll give that a watch shortly :)

Back
Top Bottom