Noob looking for social gaming

Associate
OP
Not sure whats happening there tbh, guy who emntioned PMB i always disable that whenever it launches on my PC rams the bandwidth and it dosent stop LOL for me hmm

maybes delete it all off your pc, re-download and try again?

Done that as well as uninstalled PMB, no dice. Shame really.
Sorted my signature out though.

Another issue i have is getting my Turtle Beach PX21's configured correctly on the PC... I have the Earforce DSS box to go with them.
Basically the headset has a green jack and USB which go into the DSS, then this has a USB and optical cable.
I can get it working if i connect to the top half of the back of my rig, which but not if i plug the optical cable directly into the sound card.

Any ideas?

Associate
If you like LoL then Dota 2 is woth a shot, I have a beta invite going free. Planetside 2 has just launched free to play, should be great fun in a good clan.

Associate
OP
LOL just keeps disconnecting, i have an outstanding ticket with their support so hopefully they'll be able to assist in getting to the bottom of it if it truely is an issue with my setup.

Strange how CS:GO works fine yet LOL has connection issues.
I keep getting disconnected from NS2 as well but i hope this is down to the game still being patched.

As for clan gaming, i'm really looking for people to share in the joys of shooting people in the face on CS:GO. It's pick up and play, maybe as i progress i'll get into more in depth strategy games etc.

Associate
OP
Like i say, i'm more after some CS:GO people to show me the ropes.
Once i find a good frowd though i'd be happy to have a bash at other titles.

Soldato
Take a look at Killing Floor - it's on sale loads on Steam, so you can usually pick it up for £4.

Loads of different aspects to it for a FPS, different classes and levels, loads of weapons, and a great giggle when played with a bunch of mates. A load of people on my Steam friends are randommers that I've added while playing KF, or they've added me.

It can actually get quite tactical if you play it on the harder difficulties. And yes, I do own a giant chicken suit that I run around wearing :D

Soldato
Welcome to OcUK and the world of PC gaming.

I really didnt enjoy CS:GO, play gun game now and again..

Normally play CS:S

Feel free to add me on steam if you fancy a game sometime.

Associate
feel free to add me on steam, kaotikuk17 .. im mainly playing black ops 2 atm but i play a lot of different games! Im up in north wales to! lol

Soldato
WarZ is a decent game, if your interested in that sort of thing head to http://just-survive.co.uk and hop onto our Mumble server for some good laughs. Most of us are ex CSS players too and a few own CS:GO (I refuse to buy it ha)

There tends to be a few of us on every night.

We also play other stuff like Natural Selection 2, Company of Heroes, etc.

On a separate note, don't suppose you have a Sky connection do you Jon Boy?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
WarZ is a decent game, if your interested in that sort of thing head to http://just-survive.co.uk and hop onto our Mumble server for some good laughs. Most of us are ex CSS players too and a few own CS:GO (I refuse to buy it ha)

There tends to be a few of us on every night.

We also play other stuff like Natural Selection 2, Company of Heroes, etc.

On a separate note, don't suppose you have a Sky connection do you Jon Boy?

I do have Sky as it happens, 15meg d/l and 1meg u/l.
Is there an issue with them i'm unaware of?

Soldato
Yes

Sky in their wisdom decided to update the firmware on their routers without telling anyone and the latest version appears to have created issue with certain games. I also had the same problem with NS2.

If you login to the control panel for the router it should tell you what firmware version you have, which I suspect will be 6.14.1a4N_UNI

Sadly if you do your stuck really. Some users have been able to downgrade the firmware while most have been left stuck with a service they can barely use. I called Sky asking if they could downgrade me and I simply got a "No". The only way i've found to get round the issue is to use the wireless connection as the problem only effects the ethernet ports on the outer.

I've actually moved to Virgin broadband because of the whole thing.

There's a thread on the Sky forums about it - http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Bro...-of-the-High-Pings-TS3-etc-issues/td-p/529736

Associate
OP
No way! That is really interesting to know, thank you very much for sharing.
I love this forum already ;)

That'll be the issue then, as i have a wired connection.
I shall try and see about downgrading the firmware, if not then my next best choice is BT as i live in North Wales and owning a light bulb is enough to be accused of witch craft.

Associate
OP
Yeah noticed that in the thread, how ironic that due to issues over the internet one has to refer to the old refined tree and pen to inform them of your frustration.
I'm not tied down so i will be speaking to BT, infinity is due by xmas 2013 at the latest for me (countryside, shucks!) so i need to make sure i can upgrade when the time comes.

Lucky i had wireless as part of my build, have to revert to that tonight.

Associate
OP
I find it a bit shocking that customers have been experiencing this since late August and they still haven't resolved it though...I also hear their set top boxes are presenting problems too.

Back
Top Bottom