noob question: EK classic kits and future loop expansion

Associate
Hi guys,

I've been a long time AIO user and PC builder and I'm starting to think about going for my first custom loop for silence and the aesthetics. Also I just fancy a new project.

I think I have a sound idea of components I need, still a little unsure on fittings and tubing diameters which is why I was thinking about ordering this kit:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ek-w...360-d-rgb-cpu-watercooling-kit-wc-9z0-ek.html

With the plan to use that to just cool my CPU and to learn the ropes with open loop cooling untill later in the year, when I was thinking about getting a new RDNA2/Ampere GPU and adding that to the loop along with another 360mm rad.

My case is a lian-li 011 dynamic so space for radiators isn't an issue, my main concern was will the pump/reservoir combo be strong enough to add a graphics card and second 360rad later?

If not are there any other kits you could suggest or should I just buy components individually?

Cheers

Associate
OP
Ok a bit more research on that kit, it seems the pump/reservoir combo is a 6W unit which can do 250L/h which i guess would be too weedy to handle a second block and rad.

Any suggestions on a good res/pump that would be up for handling 1 gpu 1 cpu and 2x360 rad?

Associate
OP
I started with this kit https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-kit-p360 to cool both my 3900X CPU and 2080TI GPU and it kept both components around 50 degrees C during testing with Heaven Benchmark. After a couple of months of data logging I bought a second EK SE360 radiator and put that in the loop also. The temps of the components dropped 2-3 degrees C during benchmarking. I was surprised at how good the kit by itself was with those two components.

That's really good to know cheers, I've also seen there is a distro plate for my case which acts as a pump/res, it's designed to go where the side radiator mounts. Seems a little pricey but looks awesome and has a 1000L/h flow rate pump, might be worth investing in if i'm going to keep the case for a long time.

Back
Top Bottom