Noob Trying to Build a Website, Help

Soldato
I'm currently on gardening leave from my company and am looking for new work, but in the meantime I want to create a website that people in my industry (supply chain management) can use on a daily basis to get information.

Firstly, I have never built a website. Is it as simple as finding a domain name I want and buying it from a company like godaddy to get myself started? I presume that you'd want them to host it to take out the element of maintenance?

Is it possible to source data from other websites and pull them all together on one website? This is essentially what I want to do i.e. FOREX, spot rates, industry relevant news, jobs etc. It would be like a dashboard that you can customise and link back to the original site.

Would it be better to build the website myself in HTML or use a builder i.e. Godaddy etc?

Soldato
OP
I was wondering how ethical it would be to link from other websites. I suppose if you provide clearly where the data comes from and link back to the original site then it's not like you're plagarising.

Back
Top Bottom