Noooooooooooooo my Acer 9810 seems to have died. What now?

Soldato
As topic really! I've had it a few years and its been fantastic and used a lot.

Its the 20.1" screen one that weighs a ton but has an amazing screen with brilliant viewing angles + really bright. I'm getting a lot of graphics botches (such as little red dots on the white cursor arrow but also more worryingly its as if the screen is turning on and off a lot on other earlier occasions but it NEVER does it until it enters windows) as soon as i get into windows which makes me think its the graphics card.

Theres 2 things i'm after help with really!

1) A vague diagnoses of what its likely to be, does everyone agree it sounds very much like the graphics card rather than the screen or whatever?
2) A little knowledge for a laptop noob like me as to how easy it is to just "upgrade" all the parts in a laptop such as the cpu/motherboard/graphics card if neccessary, as i'm really tempted to give the whole thing an overhaul.

I should mention that the specs are roughly some sort of early C2D@ 1.6ghz , 7600gt and 2gig basic ram.

Any help very much appreciated :D

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the reply, nah its using windows xp and i can't get into any settings at all. It effectively crashes upon booting up before i even get to the logon screen with lots of graphic faults.

When i think about it like that, ive been a bit thick to not immediately rule out screen problems :)

Back
Top Bottom