Not looking good for Andy Murray.

Soldato
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/46833018

I have watched AM playing tennis for most of his career and as a fan of UK Tennis have enjoyed every minute of it, so it will be very sad to see him forced to retire early if that's how it plays out.

I can only imagine how difficult the last 20 months or so must have been for AM, being in pain and trying to return to full strength and being competitive in such a demanding and challenging tennis era - it has certainly been difficult watching it unfold.

Soldato
OP
Good to see AM getting his first win back on the tour yesterday - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/49814809

Obviously not back to his best just yet but there was certainly more than a few glimpses of his quality.

I'm sure it felt great to get a win against a player he lost to about a month or so ago.

He's got a tough match against De Minaur next, so fingers crossed.

Good to see him back.

Soldato
OP
haha thought there'd been a new development but this threead is just really old, nice to see him with his 1st ATP winsince the operation, bloke is a legend

Yeah, I could have created a new thread but thought I may as well just update this one with some positive news after it was looking so bad for AM at the start of the year.

Good to see him get another win today. Apparently, he's the first pro to win a singles match on the tour after having major hip surgery.

Confidence in the hip/body and match fitness are definitely growing.

Soldato
OP
Definitely a good week for AM, it's been interesting watching him getting stronger and stronger over the last couple of months.

AM has said himself that he has hardly played over the last couple of years or so, rarely practiced, etc, so I'm hoping he can continue for a few years yet.

I think it's possible he could get back to his best, who knows possibly even better considering the hip is feeling a lot better than it has for a long time.

He's certainly come a long way from running out of steam against Tennys Sandgren after a set, to the fight he showed in the final against Wawrinka.

I bet he'd very much like to play Fognini again in the not too distant future!

Back
Top Bottom