Not losing weight why??

Soldato
Hello all,

I’m not sure how to explain this but I’ll give it ago.

About 4 months ago I decided I wanted to lose weight at the time I was 21st 2lbs, since then I’ve lost 4stone and I’m now 17st 2lbs.

But the last 2/3 weeks I’ve not lost anything and it’s starting to bug me as I set myself a target of 16st. I’m in touching distance but I just can’t lose anymore weight.

I’m on a IF 16/8 diet and I’ve really cut my food down / making better choices.

My average days looks something like.

No breakfast because of If

Lunch:tuna sandwich 350cal
Alpine bar 70cal
Bag of crisps 70 to 108cal depending on the crisps

Dinner: chicken breast, colliflower rice, 200g of sweat potato Home made chips. Dinner in total comes to about 450cals

So I’d have about 1200 cal per day I don’t want to go lower then that. At no point do I feel hungry.

I’m a postman so I do about 6-10 miles walking in all types of weather on all types of terrain, hills steps, flats.

I also go to the gym for a weight programme first thing in the morning for about an 1.5 hours. So I think I’m getting plenty of exercise.

Now the bad side that I think you lot will point out but in my head I don’t want to believe it lol.

I do drink a lot of Pepsi max a 2ltr bottle per day, it’s 0 cal right? And I might treat myself if I have lots of cal remaining to a ice cream ‘magnam’ but the Pepsi and ice cream is something I’ve always had when at the start of the diet when I lost 4st.

So after a long read, what am I doing wrong?

Soldato
OP
I use an app called ‘Lose it’ to track cal etc, I just scan in the barcode and it brings up all the info, sandwiches are home made I eat the Dutch smaller bread bout 70cal each. I don’t like butter in sandwiches so it’s just a light mayo, tuna, cucumber maybe tomato.

All chips are hand made without oil in a air fryer. And I only have them really to bump up my intake to around 1200cal.

I’ll try ditching Pepsi and see how that goes for a week or two.

It’s just disheartening to be good all week jump on the scales and not lost anything.

On my off days I don’t binge eat I just up my cals from 1200 to normal 2000 to 2300.

I’ll have a small takeaway when I hit smaller goals like every stone lost. But it’s still only around the 2500cal mark for the day.

Soldato
OP
Out of interest OP, what was your diet like when growing up, say from around 4-18.
Absolutely terrible, my mother didn’t have a lot of money so my dinners consisted of chips, chips, more chips with fish fingers lol, as I grew up and started earning money say from 14 ‘paper round’ I had my first takeaways Chinese, indian, Marcy ds. From then till now 37 years old, my weight has always been problem, but I’ve never been in the 20stone + Mark until recently.

Soldato
OP
No no no. OP don't listen to hornetstinger...

I agree walking isn't enough, you need to be doing other cardio exercises along with the dieting. Nothing to OTT and certainly not jumping into an hour every day for months or a 10-20mile bike ride 5 days a week... Start small and increase.. unless your're relatively fit already and start at not such a leisurely place.
I do, do an hour to hour and half of weight lifting in the gym first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, so wouldn’t that go well with 6 hours of pretty much solid walking. Remember it not just walking on a flat surface we carry a 16kl bag full of letters/parcels up and down stairs up and down hills in and out of driveways. I do walk at a steady pace my heart rate at the moment as I’m at work’having a 5 min break’ is at 89bpm when I’m walking it’s normally around 106bpm I like to get done as quick as I can so I can go home as quick as I can.

That being said if you guys think more actual cardio is needed I can go back to the gym in the evening for 30 to 45 mind and hit out cardio.

Soldato
OP
I
Quite frankly there is absolutely no way you are eating only 1200kcals and not losing weight if you are the weight you say you are. You are not measuring your intake correctly. Simply scanning a bar code probably isn't good enough. Check packaging, weigh things and do the maths yourself. Apps can be terrible and most of the time they rely on user entered data which is very often incorrect - garbage in garbage out.
I agree with this to a certain extent, I do check packages for the values and do input my own data if the scan doesn’t work, I always double check to make sure it’s correct, somethings I have to guess on like a chicken breast, if I type chicken breast the cals can be anywhere from 119cal to 400cals what the correct t one? So I tend to pick one that’s in the middle say 200cal. I could be wrong and because of that I’m taking in more cal then I think.

Soldato
OP
I'm sorry but the crisps , Ice cream, chips (even the sweet potato chips) need to go.. what type of bread do have with your Sandwiches - white or wholewheat?

Don't measure, just be sensible in what you eat replacing high sugar/starch foods with something more natural foods which are slower to release sugars.

This is a good link I found a few weeks, based on the BBC TV program "the truth about carbs"..

https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb
Yeah, starting to think I’ll have to go to a new level with this, but to answer your question I have Danish whole meal bread.

Having 200g for sweet potato chips is nothing it’s one smallish potato, air fried no oil at all, it’s like having a jacket potato really. I think my dream on 5% body fat is staying a dream lol

Soldato
OP
On a serious note, you all have valid points and it’s highly appreciated, I’ll revalue what I’m eating and try to get more exact cal count, drop the coke, but keeping my once, twice a week magnum, it’s summer after all.

Soldato
OP
Quick update, didn’t have Pepsi, ice cream, crisps, and replaced it with water and a whole lot of salad to still get to my 1200cal I really do mean I whole lot of salad, also done another 30mins swim at the gym.

Anyway 2lbs lost, so I really do need to sit down and look at my intake.

Back
Top Bottom