Notherbrige Chipset

Associate
Hey,

I just replaced the active cooling fan on my A8N for a Zalaman NB cooler, I never felt how warn the previous one got, but this one feels QUITE warm.

What's the normal operating temp of NB chipset - at the moment, it feels to be at about 50-60deg, is that alright?

ErNciLator said:
Hey,

I just replaced the active cooling fan on my A8N for a Zalaman NB cooler, I never felt how warn the previous one got, but this one feels QUITE warm.

What's the normal operating temp of NB chipset - at the moment, it feels to be at about 50-60deg, is that alright?

Is it clocked? If not then I would say it's a little on the high side. My old skt A board doesn't go above 40deg under load

Eep, getting worried now, it's too hot to hold my fingers on for more than 1/2 seconds :S. Not sure what temp that is :S:S at what kinda temps **** i be getting REALLY worried?

And what could I do to make it cooler? :(

Nforce 4's do seem to run hot, get a bit of airflow over the NB, don't need a lot and helps loads (before scolding hot, after slightly warm) a quiet 8cm or 12cm side case fan is enough. Helped lower mates MATX Nforce 4 considerbly.

squiffy said:
Nforce 4's do seem to run hot, get a bit of airflow over the NB, don't need a lot and helps loads (before scolding hot, after slightly warm) a quiet 8cm or 12cm side case fan is enough. Helped lower mates MATX Nforce 4 considerbly.

Im tempted to do that, but defeats the point of trying to make it quite by removing the active cooling asus thing. =[

Where can I get a temp probe from quickly? iv got a few old fans, reckon I could extract one and connect to a chassis header?

yeah but stock HSF has better cooling than a larger passive HS. So you will need some airflow.

Does your case have fan side window? Or you could mount a 8/12cm fan somewhere in your case blowing up onto NB or up over NB (and should help GFX cooling also) A 12cm Delta Cross flow is dead silent and should do ;)

Could do that, but currently it's housed in a Sony 20x FDD Cardboard box, aslong with it's hard drives. It's a file server box.

These quite fans, are they really that quite thou? I remember a while ago I bought an akaska 90mm "silent fan" it was silent for a couple weeks then got noisey =[.

Reckon putting it near my air cond in the bathroom would be enough?

Mikey1280 said:
Hi there, just wondered where/how you mounted the temperature probe, have you got any pictures/guides?

dsc001887na.jpg

Not very clear (phone cam) but it's on top of the heatpipe above the NB. Its connected to an Akasa fan controller ;)

Use speedfan to read the onboard temp sensors, they will give you a rough guide.

My NF3 (Zalman passive cooled) chipset runs at 52deg constant - hasnt seemed to affect it in any way over the last 6 months. The Zalman gets VERY hot to the touch (so much that you cant keep your finger on).

M

Back
Top Bottom