Notifying DVLA of scrapped car

Soldato
Just wondering if you sell a car to a scrappy, what do you exactly have to do to notify DVLA? The scrappy break down the car and sell of parts, is there a particular section on the V5 that needs filling in, and anything specific thats needs doing or notifying DVLA of?

Cheers

Soldato
OP
I don't think all scrappy's issue one, only ATF's. What do you do if the scrappy doesn't give those? do you get him to sign the yellow (v5c/3) part of the V5?

Slightly confused here, the DVLA website isn't very clear, why can't you just scrap a car and have a part on the v5 that says the car has been scrapped by so and so.

Soldato
OP
^ You mean he just signed the green part (section 6) and signed the red part (section 8) and ticked scrapped in the green part? Correct me if i'm wrong but you only do that if your scrapping the car yourself and you might still be liable for the car?

Soldato
OP
Ah your one was with council, did they fill in any of their details on the v5? or did they just tick scrap and get you to send it off?

Contacting DVLA has so far been useless, their phone is all automated. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom