noveu911.cn trojan

Associate
so i keep getting a popup saying this website has been blocked because of a trojan. i am not trying to access this site it is just popping up. its apparently coming from cftmon.exe. this has only started happening as soon as malware bytes update to a new version.

what could this be and how do i stop it? google is offering me nothing about this.

Associate
That's a domain, resolving from Moldova/Romania

If your computer is communicating with servers to such locations without your consent. It's time to disconnect from the internet. Backup your important files and format.

Soldato
Sounds like a browser hijack, probably some malware. If you have any other browser (already installed) you can test and those messages persist, then it's possibly got it's hooks in already. See it sticks around in safe mode, if safe mode runs clean, check your startup entries for rogue exes/dlls.

Associate
OP
i have no idea why i didnt even try the quarantine button... it seems to have gotten rid of it. i googled the cftmon.exe and saw it was something to do with asus so got a little curious about quarantining it.

i must have turned malwarebytes off because it was being funny with my miners...

Back
Top Bottom