now this will do me for a living room pc :)

Soldato
ok overclockers how about selling a system to match this one then for someone to stick in a living room as a media centre pc :-

Features for this ADVENT DHE 1000

- Intel Pentium 4 Processor 630
- 3.0GHz Clock-Speed
- 800MHz FSB, 2Mb Cache
- Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
- 1024 mb DDR RAM Memory
- 250 Gb Hard Disk Capacity
- Multi-Format Dual Layer DVD RW
- TV Tuner and Remote Control
- 128Mb nVidia 6600 graphics
- 802.11g Wireless Network Ready

Specification for this ADVENT DHE 1000

Processor Type Intel Pentium 4 Processor 630
RAM Memory 512 mb
Hard Disk Capacity 250 Gb
Graphics Memory 128 MB mb
Graphics Description NVIDIA 6600
No of USB connections 4
No of PCI Slots 2
No. of Firewire Connections 3
Sound Card Realpek ALC860, 5.1
Soundcard included No
Speakers Included No
Keyboard Yes
Mouse Yes

price inc vat £299.97
save £160
was £459.97
Standard Delivery £4.99

i wont say where this is taken from ( but it is well known ) . the damn things been out of stock for ages though :(

but thats an absolute BARGAIN

now i'd love to get a 2nd pc for my living room for recording and using my xbox360 with but the one you sell on this site is quite frankly a crazy high price :-

Fujitsu-Siemens Scaleo E Media Centre PC (FS-000-FS)
Would you like a real all-in-one entertainment device instead of numerous different electronic devices? You would really like to have one of these multimedia PCs, but the usual look of desktop-PCs reminded you too much of an office atmosphere! Then have a close look at our new SCALEO E. The SCALEO E is the perfect combination of a powerful, reliable PC and an easy-to-use multimedia device in an attractive silver and piano black glossy design. With the SCALEO E you get a DVD player and recorder, a stereo, a TV receiver, a digital photo and video system, and an advanced home multimedia PC in a very small trendy system.

- Dual Tuner - Anologue & Digital Tuner (Can act as a Sky+ box)
- Advanced entertainment PC in hi-fi design to fit into your living room
- Very silent operation
- Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 with userfriendly interface
- System quietness and reliability through Fujitsu extensive living room form factor experience
- Watch TV as you like: the digital video recorder (PVR) let you pause, record, and replay from TV
- Comfortable recording of your favorite TV programs with electronic programming guide
- Watch movies on DVD or listen to your CDs with the built-in CD / DVD player
- Put everything at your fingertips—instantly access TV, DVDs, movies, home videos, music, photos, and FM radio with the single, infrared remote
- Store video, music, data, and TV on the internal hard drive or record it on DVD with double layer DVD±R/RW drive
- Enjoy digital or analog surround sound output through your AV receiver with the Intel High Definition Audio with 7.1 surround sound
- Watch, edit and print your photos using the integrated multi card reader or USB 2.0 ports
- Connect the SCALEO E to your TV or projector through SCART, DVI, VGA, S-Video
- Supports PC functionality in your living room: Internet, office and gaming
- Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor
- Intel 915G Chipset
- Onboard nVidia GeForce 6600 256MB VIVO
- 10/100 MBits Fast Ethernet
- Microsoft® Windows® XP Media Center Edition
- 1x IEEE 1394 Firewire
- 4x Universal Serial Bus (USB 2.0)
- 7.1 Channel Sound
- 1yr collect and return warranty provided by Fujitsu - Call

Full Specification

Price: £774.95 (£910.57 Including VAT at 17.5%)

thats quite a price difference. and the graphics cards are basically the same.

any chance of bringing in some at more affordable levels ? now ive seen machines with x300 cards in and even (lol ) 5200. thats not what i'm after. a machine with a basic 6600 is nice , and can also be used for a quick game or 2 on my 32 " hd ready panasonic lcd :)

Back
Top Bottom