NR200 Owner's Thread

Associate
@Relentless81

I am still very confused about the performance difference we got from the Mugen 5. We both had similar set-ups, with the main exception being I had a more power hungry CPU (3600XT vs 3600). Having played plently of Rome 2 and World of Warships, my CPU temp averages around 65c. I might get the odd spike to 72c, but that is rare and only for a second.

I can't believe the difference was due to just my fan swap as I keep it below 1000rpm anyway.

Soldato
@Relentless81

I am still very confused about the performance difference we got from the Mugen 5. We both had similar set-ups, with the main exception being I had a more power hungry CPU (3600XT vs 3600). Having played plently of Rome 2 and World of Warships, my CPU temp averages around 65c. I might get the odd spike to 72c, but that is rare and only for a second.

I can't believe the difference was due to just my fan swap as I keep it below 1000rpm anyway.

That does kind of make sense because you got the same peak temps I did, the bit I don't understand is why the Wraith Prism can beat it by 3C peak temp on the same test

It's one of two things or a combination of both, the base of the Wraith Prism is much better suited to the Ryzen IHS than the Scythe or the case is better suited to down draft coolers, I want to find out which it is but can't afford to buy multiple coolers so trying to decide what to get next that'll prove why the Prism outperformed the Mugen

Associate
That does kind of make sense because you got the same peak temps I did, the bit I don't understand is why the Wraith Prism can beat it by 3C peak temp on the same test

It's one of two things or a combination of both, the base of the Wraith Prism is much better suited to the Ryzen IHS than the Scythe or the case is better suited to down draft coolers, I want to find out which it is but can't afford to buy multiple coolers so trying to decide what to get next that'll prove why the Prism outperformed the Mugen

You did say the Wraith was a lot louder. Probably just a case that it was powering its way to better performance simply by means of much higher fan rpm. It's one of the reasons most CPU cooler tests are noise normalised.

Soldato
You did say the Wraith was a lot louder. Probably just a case that it was powering its way to better performance simply by means of much higher fan rpm. It's one of the reasons most CPU cooler tests are noise normalised.

Its true that smaller coolers use a faster louder fan to compensate but there is no substitute for mass, or at least their shouldn't be otherwise more people would be running smaller coolers. One of the things I thought of was the Scythe Kaze Flex fan was letting it down but the cooler itself is much bigger that it should still perform better. Also you have a faster Noctua fan on yours IIRC and got the same peak temps.

Its a shame stock is so scarce of this case, it would be good to see the temperature results of other builds with different types of coolers and similar CPUs

Soldato
OP
Will I be able to fit an ATX power supply with a 3090 rtx mounted vertical using the riser card?

Nope.

Caveat; it might be possible with a W/C ref card. I haven't checked, but it's a hunch. You'll need to front-mount an ATX PSU, so GPU length will be limited.

Associate
But I assume the psu will be mounted beside the mobo at the back. The high difference between a corsair sf750 sfx and my atx is only 2 cm.
But you say that wouldn't be possible?

Associate
The width is the problem. There's not enough room to mount the psu at the back, without (at least) putting holes in the backplate. Even then I doubt it would fit width-wise. In addition, the extra height may cause issues of butting up against the gpu, depending on the gpu length and width. Just can't see it working without a lot of faff (if it's possible at all). Even with an sfx psu there's not a lot of space to play with

Associate
Even if you did manage to squeeze an ATX PSU inside the case, you would would also be sacrificing one of the top exhaust fans. With something as power hungry as the 3090, I would want to keep both top fans for exhaust with two at the bottom for intake. Cable management would also be a lot harder.

Associate
saw a video on youtube that fitted a ATX PSU in this case. I believe it was mounted besides the MOBO as I described, and thats why I think it might only be the height of the PSU that could be the problem with videocard installed with the risercard.

Associate
After speaking to customer services last week and being told their stock order has been delayed by anothe month till November you can imagine my suprise when this arrived in the post yesterday!

Can't move my hardware over as decent SFX powersupplies are pretty much sold out nationwide so I have to wait till until then.

123264995_685155365521188_6566917803807296162_n.jpg

123193729_352049166099625_5048989852935140190_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom