NR200 Owner's Thread

Soldato
I'll be installing a 6800 or 6800 XT to mine not decided which yet, 6800 is a massive upgrade to my Vega 56 but might get the XT to further future proof.

I do want a Sapphire card though so might be a longer wait or I might go AIB but worried about noise.

Associate
For those interested I'm seeing SF750 stock for Nov 7th on a competitor non-tech specific website.
No idea how reliable it will be, but i ordered as OCuK had zero idea on ETA for stock when i last checked.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks for the heads up, had an order in with a competitor advertising a similar ETA but a much higher price and OCUK at the same price with no ETA.

Time to cancel both of those! Now I just need the NR200P, same competitor was advertising an eta of the 30th Nov when I ordered.

Associate
May be worth keeping one of your live orders for now until you know this one will pull through. Hopefully though.

I'm sticking with OCuK for NR200p and will just hold out, I don't see them getting it much later/earlier than competitors, particularly as someone just received one. Could be wrong.

Soldato
Yes, that gave me some hope, I just don’t like backordering things with an open ended ETA (hence not in a GPU line currently).

It’s also risky keeping multiple orders open in case they both shop at the same time!

If I get lucky on the 5900x and 6800xt launch I’ll end up having the PC with no chassis which will be an odd turn of events in the current climate!

Soldato
Sorry for the terrible picture, NH-U9S Chromax fitted. Doing a half hour run of Heaven now.

h9IRLhr.jpg

Edit, added another pic

HP1LOlB.jpg
QIqNhjg

Last edited:
Soldato
Ok so after 30 minutes of Heaven in an NR200P with Glass panel -

Noctua NH-U9S Chromax
Ambient = 19C
Peak temp = 69C

Scythe Mugen 5
Ambient = 19C
Peak temp = 72C

Wraith Prism
Ambient = 20C
Peak temp = 69C

Basically the same result as a Wraith Prism, significantly quieter but also more expensive

Edit: Just ran the same test and got 67C

Might buy another fan for it and see what effect it has

Last edited:
Associate
Yes, that gave me some hope, I just don’t like backordering things with an open ended ETA (hence not in a GPU line currently).

It’s also risky keeping multiple orders open in case they both shop at the same time!

If I get lucky on the 5900x and 6800xt launch I’ll end up having the PC with no chassis which will be an odd turn of events in the current climate!

Huh, I've just had an email from them to say it is now shipping earlier and will be with me Tuesday. Not that it matters... my NR200p is nowhere in sight (let alone the mobo/cpu/ram etc I've not yet settled on)

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm in a similar boat, I have my ram and SSD. I know what CPU/mobo and GPU I want, I just can't buy 2 of the 3 yet and I'm not buying the mobo until I can get my hands on a CPU!

In fact I am not even fussed between a 3080 and a 6800XT, I'm just not really willing to spend significantly more than RRP to get one (or a 5800X/5900X for what matter).

The one benefit of getting old is that FOMO really tails off with this sort of stuff and I'm happy to ride out my 5820k and 980ti to the other side of xmas if needs must. I have plenty of lockdown DIY to do in the mean time!

Associate
I thought I'd drop back into the thread to see if there were any updates on NR200 availability, presumably its possible to pre-order from OCUK?

The machines and more videos continue to be useful as he talks about build and issues relevant to us, unlike a lot of the tech channels.

I'd noticed the SF750 finally being available for pre-order, this will be useful either for just a new GPU in my existing case or a complete new NR200 build.

Although AMD CPU seems a good option, GPU choice is still tricky, regardless of availability. The 3080 FE cooler seems well suited for the NR200 but as they'll be conventional on the 6800XT it's down to quieter AIB coolers (e.g. Asus TUF) against the better FE arrangement.

Soldato
Ok so after 30 minutes of Heaven in an NR200P with Glass panel -

Noctua NH-U9S Chromax
Ambient = 19C
Peak temp = 69C

Scythe Mugen 5
Ambient = 19C
Peak temp = 72C

Wraith Prism
Ambient = 20C
Peak temp = 69C

Basically the same result as a Wraith Prism, significantly quieter but also more expensive

Edit: Just ran the same test and got 67C

Might buy another fan for it and see what effect it has

Nice looking cooler, looks like it has quite a gap between the glass.

Soldato
Thanks, now that I've used it during a gaming session last night and also browsing for half an hour I'm going to admit despite how nice it looks I'm a little less impressed

All the reviews i read said it's quiet but I can definitely hear it, no where near as loud as the Wraith Prism but I can hear it revving up and down and it's a little whiney

Also after an hour of gaming CPU hit 73C peak temp which is fine but for the price I would expect it to be better than the Wraith Prism which I've never seen go over 72C even in warmer ambient temps

My system temps were also up due to the missing too down cooler air flow which means my system fans get louder

I'm tempted to pick up a 120mm top down cooler for testing, I want to scratch the itch that might prove a top down cooler performs better in this case than a tower cooler with TG panel

Back
Top Bottom