NR200 Owner's Thread

Associate
I think everyone should calm down about their CPU temps.

These things can sustain “high” temps forever. Well above what people worry about anyway.

All these cooler and CPU benchmarks make everyone believe that getting your CPU to -20c is the aim of the game.

Unless you actually render and put it under sustained loads for hours at a time - and even then - it’s not an issue.

Associate
I think everyone should calm down about their CPU temps.

These things can sustain “high” temps forever. Well above what people worry about anyway.

All these cooler and CPU benchmarks make everyone believe that getting your CPU to -20c is the aim of the game.

Unless you actually render and put it under sustained loads for hours at a time - and even then - it’s not an issue.

But, but, but... If we don't worry about these things, obsess over them and spend far too much on a mostly non-existent problem then we might as well buy a prebuilt from Curry's (or get a console).
Don't take our fun away from us, don't turn us into Curry's customers...

Soldato
Yeah I've got the right to obsess to be honest it's a hobby to me otherwise I would just buy a console. I want to know why I'm seeing a little top down cooler match or beat much bigger coolers and splurge that info out on here for the benefit or frustration of others

Also why adding another fan made temps go up when they should have gone down

You can simply ignore it if you like

Associate
Yeah I've got the right to obsess to be honest it's a hobby to me otherwise I would just buy a console. I want to know why I'm seeing a little top down cooler match or beat much bigger coolers and splurge that info out on here for the benefit or frustration of others

Also why adding another fan made temps go up when they should have gone down

You can simply ignore it if you like

Just to be clear — I was posting in support of you and your statement around another cooler and it being quieter but hotter :)

Associate
Honestly from what I'm reading, the 5800x is just a hot CPU and some serious coolers are needed to get where most enthusiasts feel comfortable.

While waiting for my NR200p I'm running a 5800x with a Mugen 5 (thermal grizzly paste) and a 3080 FE on an open bench in a warm room.
My idle temps during browsing and youtube are low to mid 40's, and gaming is about 70C (not seen much above 73), and cinebench has reached 90C.

I think for a signficiant improvement you would need a very good and large AIO, and since I want to stick with the TG panel and air cooling, I'm happy enough with this performance. I don't think any other air coolers are really going to change this much, given the design of the 5800x (all 8 cores on the single 'chip'). I imagine the temps will increase a small amount when it goes into the NR200p, but it will then get some good airflow so who knows.

Associate
After watching all the Machines & More videos I think I've decided on a Fuma 2 set to rear intake, one top-right exhaust, and dual intakes underneath the 3080FE. I know the C14S w/ side intake and U12A performed a little better, but they're 80% more expensive. Plus the Fuma 2 at least gives me a chance of using the TG panel. So I think I'm settled now.

I think.

Maybe.

(Not that it matters seeing as the case itself is still a figment of our collective imagination).

Associate
Not final setup. Using PSU from NZXT H1 until SF750 arrives, doesn't fit very well due to horrible cables and can't install 2nd fan on top.

Running Destiny 1440p UW and Temps are decent. GPU is around 70c and CPU is 60 to 70.

KfYjRkM.jpg

k7wRJAZ.jpg

Associate
@Wip3d

Beautiful. I wasn't considering the EVGA cards as I didn't like the look of them for the white NR200. It does however look great in yours.

One day I might get a 3080....... fingers crossed for the Gigabyte Vision card.

@Relentless81

Possibly of interest to you. I actually now have a 5600x. Maximum CPU temperature during Cinebench was 67.1c, mostly hovering around 63-65c. Score was 10688 (running it stock for now).

In Heaven 4.0, the max temperature I saw was 61.0c.

Last edited:
Associate
What are those temps with the no tempered glass please?

I'll have to try that out later.

@Wip3d

Build looks great, what CPU and motherboard?

@JClarke

Yeah thanks for the info and congrats on getting hold of a 5600X its going to be a while until I get mine, looks like they run quite a bit cooler than the 3600 too

Here is the Build

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z390
CPU: 9700k
Cooler: Cryorig H7
Memory: Ripjaws V Series 16GB 3200 CL14
SSD: 1TB 970 Evo Plus
GPU: EVGA 3080 FTW3 Gaming

Updated Thermals while playing a game:

CPU - 65
GPU - 72 to 74 on auto fan curve

Associate
Not final setup. Using PSU from NZXT H1 until SF750 arrives, doesn't fit very well due to horrible cables and can't install 2nd fan on top.

Running Destiny 1440p UW and Temps are decent. GPU is around 70c and CPU is 60 to 70.

KfYjRkM.jpg

k7wRJAZ.jpg

Hey! Another Cryorig H7 and EVGA FTW3 3080 user! =)

I did see that EVGA started shipping the GPU without the red accents.

Looking good!

Interesting about your GPU thermals. I can barely get to the low 70s, usually high 60s. Maybe because I did a slight undervolt? I've only been playing Control on DX12 with max everything 1440p and RTX. No DLSS...at least I don't think I have that on.

Associate
Had mine for a week now.. Pretty awsome case.. Best ever.. would never go back to ATX/MATX case.
I have Arctic 240 AIO (old one) side mouted intake for my 9700K/5ghz. (max. 70C)
Asus 3090 TUC mounted at the bottom (max. 70C)
Default corsair topmounted exhaust fans.

I tried the deshroud my 3090 RTX and places 2 Arctic 120mm at the bottom instead.
This wasnt a good idea.. my 3090 went above 80C and throttled.
Here he had good results
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5W...&feature=em-comments&ab_channel=Machines&More

I was thinking I might try bottom mounted AIO for cpu and 3090 sidemounted with risercable.
The 3090 rtx might benefit more from the 2 top exhaust fans in this position rather when placed at the bottom. What do you think?

Soldato
Let us know how you get on, if I remember rightly you have a Gigabyte Auros board, on the B550i there are reports of the mounting clashing with VRMs I cant remember if yours is a B550i or not
Mine's the X570 version. Hopefully it'll fit ok. It's a little frustrating they're not using the stock mounting, sounds like it's a pain to mount with it being screwed in from the rear. But if the performance is there I'll turn a blind eye to that!

Associate
After many cuts I managed to get my 5800x in place cooled with Mugen 5 with two fans attached (arctic p12 - kaze flex rgb). It was not easy getting in an required me to re do the cables many times so I can get both fan in and being able to close the TG panel.

QLGI26C.jpg

GwZLCI7.jpg

From intel to Zen so have no idea what I was doing.
I just set the PBO to +200
Flck to 1800
xmp profile - 3600 - CAS 16

Cinebench R20
Multicore - 5929
Single - 625

Idle temp: 30-35C
Max during bench - 87.5C

Voltage I'm seeing is around 1.3-1.5 - don't know if this is normal, but doing on reading it seems normal.

Quick gaming session on Assassin's creed origin temps were around 60%.

Associate
Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster. Opened this account since Im building my nr200p in upcoming days.

After many cuts I managed to get my 5800x in place cooled with Mugen 5 with two fans attached (arctic p12 - kaze flex rgb). It was not easy getting in an required me to re do the cables many times so I can get both fan in and being able to close the TG panel.
Could you specify which motherboard you are using? Looks like aorus ax b550? What did you have to cut?

My biggest headache up untill now is what Im going to use to cool off my 5800x thats bound to come in upcoming week.
Currently I ordered 4mm standoffs. Dont own a mobo yet, torn between rog strix b550i and aorus b550i, my choice will depend on CPU cooler, as price difference for me is barely noticeable. I will run CPU cooler in intake orientation.

My choices are:

- Scythe mugen 5 with whichever mobo will allow me to install 2x p12 on mugen (hence the question above)
- Cryorig h7 ultra with asus b550i which I know fits 2x p12, but with slight offset of rear 120mm towards glass panel (got pics from reddit of such installation)
- Fuma 2 with 4mm standoffs and asus b550i - but I seem to notice that I might run into RAM clearance issues (standard height rams) - and I dont want to use kaze slim fan, going for 25 mm big bois.

Im honestly torn between them, as all the reports I am getting are conflicting, and now Im panicking seeing how hot 5800x is.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom