NR200 Owner's Thread

Soldato
To be fair, its a £100 case, a £100+ PSU and an £80 (custom) AIO. I'm not really sure £250 was ever on the cards.
as a bundle like that, they could have easily done it for £250 and enticed a lot of potential customers. At £300-350, its gonna put a lot of people off. If thats the case, it makes more sense to buy all the parts separately and to your own liking.

Soldato
OP
as a bundle like that, they could have easily done it for £250 and enticed a lot of potential customers. At £300-350, its gonna put a lot of people off. If thats the case, it makes more sense to buy all the parts separately and to your own liking.

It's roughly £350 worth of parts. You have a warped definition of "easily"...

Case - £100
PSU - £140
AIO - £80

That makes £320. But the case has a Gen 4 riser rather than Gen 3. Looking at other cases with this as an option, it adds £30-£40 to the price.

Soldato
It's roughly £350 worth of parts. You have a warped definition of "easily"...

Case - £100
PSU - £140
AIO - £80

That makes £320. But the case has a Gen 4 riser rather than Gen 3. Looking at other cases with this as an option, it adds £30-£40 to the price.
Guess im just disappointed in the price :(

Soldato
OP
Guess im just disappointed in the price :(

I agree it's disappointing. But it's also in line with reasonable expectations for the components used.

Would be nice if they'd sell the case on its own. Even moreso with a Gen 3 riser option. £250 is probably feasible with a Gen 3 riser, 600W/650W SFX/SFX-L PSU, and a 240mm AIO.

Soldato
I agree it's disappointing. But it's also in line with reasonable expectations for the components used.

Would be nice if they'd sell the case on its own. Even moreso with a Gen 3 riser option. £250 is probably feasible with a Gen 3 riser, 600W/650W SFX/SFX-L PSU, and a 240mm AIO.
Yeah true, thats why the Lian Li Q58 seems quite tempting atm especially with the different options for Gen 3/4 risers and at that price who can argue.

Associate
To me they are targeting . and rightly so, people who want to get into SFF and avoid the hassle of looking for parts and all

we are on NR200 thread so no wonder people here are disappointed for having missed the opportunity

I am of course little bit myself but still enjoying the premises of what I will do next with my NR200p case

which is a great and down to earth cost ITX case!

Associate
Wow, this case is really good considering the price, decent features, it's small enough, plenty of room for big GPUs and most coolers, great airflow, and easy to build in.

I upgraded from 1600 to 5800X but the CPU was running quite hot and the limited airflow in my previous case, Raijintek Metis Plus, wasn't doing the job, so I decided to go for NR200.

Running 5 fans at the moment (not counting the fan for CPU cooler), 4x Akasa Viper fans (I had them lying around for a while, so why not, they're quiet and moves a decent amount of air), 2 at bottom and 2 at top, with air flowing upwards, and 92mm Noctua Redux at the rear, intake, all powered by Arctic's 10 port PWN fan hub. I do have couple of 120mm Redux fans, there's room for me to add them to the side but I'm not sure if that'll help much with the cooling, it's already decent enough, but it's nice having the option.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thinking it's time I made the move from mid-tower to ITX and the Max definitely has my interest. Partly because the bundle makes it easier to build, and partly because the PSU and AIO are both better than what I have right now. So it's not a bad move.

Associate
So it turns out that you can fit a STRIX 3090 inside the NR200P with 2 slim Noctua fans in the bottom of the case:

51618545025_48587b66f5_b.jpg

I'd hoped to get away without having to use the skinny Noctuas but they made a massive difference when I had my 2080Ti in there.

Soldato
I'm looking at the NR200P-MAX so I don't have to mess about with the AIO and PSU and so on, it coming as a kit suits me, however, how does it work on cost wise, is it actually cost effective to buy the max, or ger your own bits...?

Will be putting a 3080FE and a 5800X in there..

Soldato
What are the temps like on the 3080Ti, have you done a pad mod on it?

Untouched at the moment.
GPU gets toasty under artificial load, but gaming its okay. Gets loud which I dont like.
Longer term its going to be under water along with the cpu, slim rads and an external option on the loop (I have 2x360 and 3x480 rads sat here in various projects/parked in the spares box so can easily create an external monster rad)

Soldato
Not fancy a single loop from GPU to CPU?
Thats probably how I'd do it, I'm just looking at MAX costs vs buying all the bits separately, getting a MAX is the preferred option as its just a case and stuff in one box, the FD might start asking questions if I get lots of boxes turn up lol

Soldato
Not fancy a single loop from GPU to CPU?
Thats probably how I'd do it, I'm just looking at MAX costs vs buying all the bits separately, getting a MAX is the preferred option as its just a case and stuff in one box, the FD might start asking questions if I get lots of boxes turn up lol

It will be a single loop, with a bypass option so I can run internal rads only if needs be, but normal setup will be running internal and external rads. I like making life complex for myself.
Previously did a hardline with external rad loop in an nzxt h1 which was fun.

I already have a large amount of the bits needed, cpu block(S), gpu blocks, fittings, ZMT etc etc etc..

Soldato
Think it was JaysTwoCents that said he got worse temps having fans in the bottom..

I'm planning on running a 5800x and 3080FE in mine so I cant see it being cool in anything iTX but that's the direction I'm wanting to go in, so torn between the MAX and having the CPU under an AIO, or looking at a better air cooler setup..

Back
Top Bottom