NR200 Owner's Thread

Soldato
NR200P's take ATM PSU's?

Someone local to me is selling one so thinking of sticking my spare ATX PSU into it and then using that to build up my spare rig, its white but I'm not that bothered for a spare build..

Associate
So I'm starting to think about my new build and like this case in orange (I know I'm very cool) but unclear what air coolers fit with the glass panel? I have looked around on net but seems a bit hit and miss and some just use vented panel in the end....

Associate
So I'm starting to think about my new build and like this case in orange (I know I'm very cool) but unclear what air coolers fit with the glass panel? I have looked around on net but seems a bit hit and miss and some just use vented panel in the end....
There's a table on r/NR200 that lists air coolers that are compatible with both the glass and vented panels for various motherboards: https://www.reddit.com/r/NR200/comments/q56xlg/new_update_nr200_air_cooler_compatibility_list/

Associate
No worries. Also note that your choice of motherboard may affect whether you can squeeze in 25mm fans at the top of the case. Some Gigabyte boards tend to mount the CPU a little higher, reducing the available space.
Hmmm yeah seeing all the different combos of mb/fan on link you sent......need to decide on which MB....

Associate
What fans do people recommend that fit in the top slots? Preferably somehow reusing the grill covers to stop ingesting cables into the fans! My two CM fans that came with the NR200 have developed the annoying whine at certain speeds.

Associate
What fans do people recommend that fit in the top slots? Preferably somehow reusing the grill covers to stop ingesting cables into the fans! My two CM fans that came with the NR200 have developed the annoying whine at certain speeds.
I've used pairs of Noctua NF-A12x25 PWMs, and sourced grill covers separately (they were definitely needed for the AIO build I did).

This list will indicate whether you can fit a 25mm fan at the top, dependant on the height of the CPU socket on your motherboard and the cooler you've chosen: https://www.reddit.com/r/NR200/comments/q56xlg/new_update_nr200_air_cooler_compatibility_list/

Associate
I've used pairs of Noctua NF-A12x25 PWMs, and sourced grill covers separately (they were definitely needed for the AIO build I did).

This list will indicate whether you can fit a 25mm fan at the top, dependant on the height of the CPU socket on your motherboard and the cooler you've chosen: https://www.reddit.com/r/NR200/comments/q56xlg/new_update_nr200_air_cooler_compatibility_list/
Thanks for that list, I had seen that before but probably didn't appreciate what it full meant until now. I'm using the MSI B450i Gaming AC, which currently seems fine enough with the stock fans plus grills.

I'm still using the stock larger AMD cooler on the 2700X. new cooler has been on the wishlist for a while but a combination of not knowing which to get that fits and being satisfied with how it runs has had me putting off for almost 2 years now.

Soldato
I was looking at this but ended up with the SSUPD Meshy, I then also bought the NZXT H1v2, I prefer the Meshy for my build and built my spares into the H1v2 for the offspring.

Soldato
Yeah stock was a huge issue last year, I was looking at the original H1 or the NR200P Max as both are complete no messing setups and arent that badly priced given what the components cost, by the time I had done a bit of research the NR200 was out of stock and wasn't due in for months, it was also only available in grey..

Soldato
I used this thread a lot when choosing what to do with my next build. Ending up as I did with some shoehorning and I’m happy. It’s quiet, not too noisy when things go flat out and things stay relatively cool.

I’d post a pic but I see nothing has changed since I used to frequent this place (and work here) in that forum images are external.

Tldr. Stuff fits. Stays cool. It’s quiet. I’m happy :)

Back
Top Bottom