Nreal - AR Glasses

Associate
Only heard about this company today. Seems they make sunglasses that feature a kind of heads up display in them for what looks like reasonably good quality AR as far as I can tell. There's also a fledgling MR ecosystem to go with them.

From their about us:
Nreal is leading the world in the revolutionary AR transformation and is the only company that has launched consumer AR glasses on a global scale. Widely recognized for its superior display technology and product design, Nreal has established partnerships with more than 10 world-renowned carriers and brought its product to 6 countries to date.

They seem to have flown under the radar a little (at least for me anyway). A quick search of the forum brought back one mention in the Steam Deck thread for which they seem ideally suited. The "Air" model is an EE store exclusive. Might pop into one when I'm next passing and see if I can take a closer look.

So, what's everyone's thoughts? I think if I was still doing the 2hr each way commute I used to I'd seriously consider these. Anyone heard of/seen/even own them?

I've got a pair of the Nreal Air glasses. I like them, the picture quality is very good with the oled screens. I dont use the AR side, I use them on my Steam Deck and iPad Pro as a connected screen. Games look great on the Steam Deck and watch YouTube in bed on the iPad

I have the Air version from EE, i like them don't use the AR bit so much just use as a second screen for watching You tube and some movies etc great quality for what they are
used them on the following devices with no issue
- Apple iPad Pro 12.9 (usb-c)
- SamsungTab S7
- Samsung Z Fold 3
- Samsung S20 Ultra
- PC (until i sold my 2080ti) the 3080 ti doesnt have a USB-c output :(

Does not work with USB-C to lightning so iPhones are out

Looking forward to what updates Nreal come up with

mine have developed a fault after 5 months the screen goes off after 30 seconds, tried changing the cable that supports video no joy
reached out to EE not interested , reached out to Nreal .. no answer :(

small bump to see what peoples thats are, after almost 2 years use

also some othe ropitons as well released.
VITURE Pro XR/AR Glasses - im partial to this one for the cable and optical focus change

not sure if monitor sub forum might be better for this

Back
Top Bottom