• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NV-Link (SLi) experience on RTX 2080s ?

Associate
I am curious to hear if any one has tried out NV-Link/SLi with RTX 2080 (or 2080Ti) ? and also what is your experience with it so far ? I am very interested in first hand knowledge since I have read the few reviews that are to find about NV-Link/SLi with RTX 2080 (and most reviews are with first day release drivers).
My wifes MSI RTX 2080 Duke OC (her 3rd after RMA) still works after 1month, and now we are considering getting one more (so she'll be able to match my 1080Ti SLi setup), but we can't seem to find any owners of such setup to relay some tips/advice.

Associate
OP
Hmm personally I am a SLi user and 2016 and 2017 were terrible years regarding new games supporting it etc, but in 2018 I actually found that more newer games did scale much better than the previous years. Also from the tests I have seen NV-Link SLi seems to scale slightly better and in some games where SLi wouldn't scale NV-Link did.

Hmm I think we will try with a second MSI RTX 2080 Duke OC, and experience first hand how it handles in the games we play that support SLi

Associate
OP
We would have ordered another MSI RTX 2080 Duke OC, but found out that there isn't enough room for the card at the bottom position, because of fan mounting plates of the hdd cage, so there is just missing 3mm of room. So instead we ordered a MSI RTX 2080 Ventus to NVLink SLi.

Associate
OP
lins tech tips has the a review looks cool.

Looked at that test also but didn't tell as much though.
We have ordered a Palit RTX 2080 Gaming Pro OC to run NVLink SLi with the MSI RTX 2080 Duke OC. Mixing TU104-400A-1 and TU104-400A seems like a bad idea since the pro oc models will boost around 100mhz even on stock settings.

Associate
OP
Well now I know what I'll be doing tomorrow.
20190112_162806.jpg

Back
Top Bottom