• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia 3070 Driver problem

Soldato
that has worked! I’ve just removed the riser, it was only for looks, don’t know if there would be much difference with gen3 to gen4?
Gen 4 has stricter shielding requirements so a lot of the cheaper gen 3 risers won't meet this. Forcing it to gen 3 will still be fine if you still want your card mounted vertically, you won't see any performance difference.

Associate
So did I until it wrecked core windows files and wouldn't install any gpu driver, until it does the same for you, you'll never agree.
It's more than likely you already had a corrupt windows install, repair install is your friend in these situations. Ddu will not delete random windows files. Unless you've downloaded a bad/altered version.

Soldato
It's more than likely you already had a corrupt windows install, repair install is your friend in these situations. Ddu will not delete random windows files. Unless you've downloaded a bad/altered version.

The OS was fine for months using Ddu and all was ok until it did delete core gpu.dll files, again until it does the same for you, you'll never agree.

If you do a search, plenty of gpu driver installation failures after using DDU, it's not just my single case of DDU failure.

People run Ddu when they really don't need to, from (author of DDU)Wagnard:

• DDU should be used when having a problem uninstalling/installing a driver or when switching GPU brand.
  • DDU should not be used every time you install a new driver unless you know what you are doing.
  • Make a backup or a system restore (but it should normally be pretty safe).

As Wagnard pointed out, DDu should normally be pretty safe=it's not bulletproof!

Associate
The OS was fine for months using Ddu and all was ok until it did delete core gpu.dll files, again until it does the same for you, you'll never agree.

If you do a search, plenty of gpu driver installation failures after using DDU, it's not just my single case of DDU failure.

As Wagnard pointed out, DDu should normally be pretty safe=it's not bulletproof!
i agree wiht you, i have seen a lot of people on this forum use ddu and its made a mess of things, so thats one software i wont be using any time soon lol

Associate

i agree with you, there is never any guarantees someone didnt screw up some code in an update, after all they are only human. but i cant say ive seen it remove core windows files in all the years of using it(since it was released). but always a first :) i only use it when nothing else works. people swear by DDU, but it should really be a last resort.

Back
Top Bottom