• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia 3070 Driver problem

Associate
hello all, looking for some advice, ive recently upgraded from a 1080ti to a RTX 3070, and i keep getting the same problem no matter what i do,

so ive unsitalled all the old Drivers via DDU, and then installed the new card and downloaded the new drivers via the geforce now application, the card then works great, i play warzone no problem, until i close the game and then turn off the computer,

upon restarting the computer boots up, but keeps insisting on installing the latest drivers, which i have already done previously, then the card stops working in device manager with an error code of 43, the card is not working properly it says but is still outputting to the screen, no games will load up nor does it find the card in GPUZ or on any monitoring systems,

lucky enough ive got a back up rig, and ive put the 3070 in there and it games as it should with no error codes or anything, do you think a fresh install of windows will solve this?

specs as follows :

AMD ryzen 7 3800x
32gb Corsair DDR4 32000mhz ram
MSI Tomahawk B550 Motherboard
RTX 3070 aorus Master card
Seagate barracuda 250 SSD (windows 10 64bit)
various SSD for Storage

any help will be greatly appreciated

cheers simon

Permabanned
When you say it is insists on installing the latest drivers, what does? I mean I would be tempted to uninstall whatever it is thats doing that.

Associate
OP
When you say it is insists on installing the latest drivers, what does? I mean I would be tempted to uninstall whatever it is that's doing that.

the geforce experience app, once its installed the drivers and closes, the notification pops up saying force install new drivers, click yes and the screen goes blank and beeps and comes back on, and does the same over and over again, only way to stop that was to shut the computer down

Soldato
Ddu has likely deleted files it shouldn't have, ddu shouldn't be let anywhere near your PC unless it's a last ditch attempt to save your windows install!

You should have swapped gpu's and nothing else, it's as simple as that.

Fresh install.

Associate
OP
Ddu has likely deleted files it shouldn't have, ddu shouldn't be let anywhere near your PC unless it's a last ditch attempt to save your windows install!

You should have swapped gpu's and nothing else, it's as simple as that.

Fresh install.

I did, I swapped them, and this happened, so I used DDU and did a fresh driver install and it’s still doing the same after that

I’ll wipe windows and do a fresh install, that surely should solve it,

cheers all for your input, it’s greatly appreciated

happy 2021

Permabanned
the geforce experience app, once its installed the drivers and closes, the notification pops up saying force install new drivers, click yes and the screen goes blank and beeps and comes back on, and does the same over and over again, only way to stop that was to shut the computer down

Can you get on the PC at all now? I would uninstall Experience and then hopefully re-install the drives with it's help. Un-tick Experience so it doesn't install it again.

Associate
OP
Can you get on the PC at all now? I would uninstall Experience and then hopefully re-install the drives with it's help. Un-tick Experience so it doesn't install it again.

Yer the pc works fine with the 3070 installed, just won’t load games or demanding programs as the graphics card has been stopped by windows due to it not working properly,

it’s currently got my 1080Ti installed and works flawlessly, which is the strange part,

but the 3070 works perfect in my
Back up pc, with a lower spec motherboard but that was a fresh installation of windows so I think it will be that

Soldato
So did I until it wrecked core windows files and wouldn't install any gpu driver, until it does the same for you, you'll never agree.
I won't agree because that never happened. If something messed up your Windows install, it wasn't DDU. It doesn't just randomly say "oh hey, this time I'll delete some different files than usual". It has a set, specific list of files that it deletes. The idea that it "wrecked core windows files" is utter BS. This isn't an opinion or an argument, you are wrong and spreading useless FUD.

Associate
OP
So did I until it wrecked core windows files and wouldn't install any gpu driver, until it does the same for you, you'll never agree.

That sounds like what this is doing! With the 1080ti installed with the latest driver it’s fine, I swap the cards out and put the 3070 into there it says I’ve not got the latest driver for the card and install it and it just does what you say there, will not allow the driver to be assigned to the card via windows !

Even without me installing the drivers and using an old version, windows will stop the card working after a short period of time and wants me to install the latest drivers, then it does the same all over again!

It’s got to be windows, as it works in my back up pc fine, with no problems at all, it may not be DDU that’s caused it, but I can’t remember deleting files randomly through windows as that’s something I wouldn’t do !

I’ll update this thread once I’ve done a fresh install of windows, will be interesting to see the outcome

thanks all

Soldato
I won't agree because that never happened. If something messed up your Windows install, it wasn't DDU. It doesn't just randomly say "oh hey, this time I'll delete some different files than usual". It has a set, specific list of files that it deletes. The idea that it "wrecked core windows files" is utter BS. This isn't an opinion or an argument, you are wrong and spreading useless FUD.
Your FUD statement is ignorance to what can happen when using DDU.

Your opinion that it 'isn't an opinion or an argument, you are wrong and spreading useless FUD' is an opinion, that until it you use it like I did and many others here in the forum have and it deletes core gpu related windows.dll files that will NOT let you install ANY same gpu driver again.

Associate
OP
I’ve just had a thought, I use a riser pci-e cable to mount my card vertically,

Are the 3070’s gen 4? And 1080ti gen 3?

Sure my Cable is only gen3 would this cause the card to not function properly?

Soldato
I’ve just had a thought, I use a riser pci-e cable to mount my card vertically,

Are the 3070’s gen 4? And 1080ti gen 3?

Sure my Cable is only gen3 would this cause the card to not function properly?

In your BIOS, set the PCIe version to Gen 3 and then reboot. Should fix your issues.

Back
Top Bottom