Nvidia 30X0 series waterblocks

Soldato
I also am waiting as all my builds are under water. There will of course be blocks but suspect too early for details. EK have a page up for it on there news section: https://www.ekwb.com/nvidia/ not seen any other people who make blocks mention anything.

Imagine FE will get it as will popular AIB models.

Hopefully EK or similar have got block details so there is not a huge delay between release of GPU and then waterblock.

EDIT: EK does have some teaser stuff up also, so hopefully blocks will follow on quick: https://twitter.com/EKWaterBlocks/s...2?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

Soldato
Alphacool and Bykski have both posted blocks up for show, no pricing yet though etc due to nda.

Will be getting one of these, just depends on performance of each block and aesthetics of course. So it's gonna be a founders edition card for me.

NFOlzOd.jpg

Rcun7U9.jpg

fN3LZFD.jpg

Soldato
OP
Alphacool and Bykski have both posted blocks up for show, no pricing yet though etc due to nda.

Will be getting one of these, just depends on performance of each block and aesthetics of course. So it's gonna be a founders edition card for me.

NFOlzOd.jpg

Rcun7U9.jpg

fN3LZFD.jpg

ah nice thanks very much, are you concerned at all at how difficult nvidia might make it to dismantle the cooling solution they have?

I have never bought FE before how are Nvidia with warranty claims if the cards had its cooling solution removed (and replaced I’d assume)?

Associate
All I want to know is how long a 3090 is with a water block on is. As with the fan cooler on it will hit my resevoir and I’m not sure how I’d alter my loop to get it to fit. I have a phanteks ethoo evolve x.

Soldato
ah nice thanks very much, are you concerned at all at how difficult nvidia might make it to dismantle the cooling solution they have?

I have never bought FE before how are Nvidia with warranty claims if the cards had its cooling solution removed (and replaced I’d assume)?

They've never been that difficult, not any that i've come across personally anyway. Plus ontop of that im sure nvidia and other manufacturers send their pcb's in relative quick time before the cards are even released so block companies like EK, alphacool etc can get them made and ready to go on the market nearing release date of the actual cards. From what i remember, they don't honour it you dismantle and fit the block at your own risk. Any damage during assembly is on you. Some AIB's however will honour this and state it on their websites.

The blocks based the FE PCB look much smaller then used before. Interesting to see how easy the new cards will be to disassemble.

I asked this question yesterday and someone reminded me of AMD's fury Nano gpu haha!

Soldato
OP
That’s unexpected, a joint block for 80-90, i though 90 pub was much bigger and this different. Also, won’t the acrylic at the end just be dangling in thin air?

Soldato
That’s unexpected, a joint block for 80-90, i though 90 pub was much bigger and this different. Also, won’t the acrylic at the end just be dangling in thin air?
At a guess, i think they're doing this to save cost and to make it more aesthetically pleasing. What does this tell us though really though? That the pcb layout on the 3080 and 3090 must be in someway identical for the blocks to be used on both and therefore the 3080 is actually a cut down version of the 3090 or even a 3080ti. Correct me if im wrong though..

Associate
I thought this. I would really like to see them mounted on both cards.
I was hoping for a funky 3080 design which aligned itself to the cut out PCB.

Soldato
I thought this. I would really like to see them mounted on both cards.
I was hoping for a funky 3080 design which aligned itself to the cut out PCB.

Same, but now im even more confused as someones just pointed this out on EK's website:

Ff4Outj.jpg

Any thoughts on where the ref pcb is coming from then if not nvidia themselves :confused:

Associate
We're going to have to rely on their config tool to help us out. But thus far it leads us nowhere.
Maybe Nvidia will release a standard blower card, after the FE cards are launched.

Soldato
We're going to have to rely on their config tool to help us out. But thus far it leads us nowhere.
Maybe Nvidia will release a standard blower card, after the FE cards are launched.
If thats the case we're gonna be waiting awhile then for a block capable card. I've messaged alphacool to see if they can confirm anything, they seem more helpful than ekwb at times. I know NDA is still in effect but some information regarding this would be nice as some of us might want to buy FE cards for this sole purpose of blocking it somewhere down the line.

Associate
If thats the case we're gonna be waiting awhile then for a block capable card. I've messaged alphacool to see if they can confirm anything, they seem more helpful than ekwb at times. I know NDA is still in effect but some information regarding this would be nice as some of us might want to buy FE cards for this sole purpose of blocking it somewhere down the line.
Yes, the reply from EKWB doesn't really explain the difference between 'reference PCB' and 'founders edition' - would still imagine they are one and the same!

Soldato
Yes, the reply from EKWB doesn't really explain the difference between 'reference PCB' and 'founders edition' - would still imagine they are one and the same!
How i've interpreted the reply is:-

• The FE cards are definitely not the ref PCB they are describing
  • There is no ETA on FE card blocks as of yet
Im just confused how they are gonna sell these if the FE is not the ref card :confused:

Soldato
Posted in the other thread but will update here to, will keep checking back on the configurator: Same results for the 3070 and 3090 cards, no AIB's listed.

iALSwe2.jpg

Soldato
OP
Ah only just caught up with this, that’s not great news, I was really hoping they would have something “on the cards” (dammit can you tell my second baby’s due soon?), these NDAs need to be lifted so we can see the blocks on the cards.

Back
Top Bottom