Nvidia 3D glasses, Fraps, Virtual Desktop and Quest 2

Soldato
During a mooch round the interweb, I ended up going down a youtube rabbit hole about nvidia 3D glasses. It seems that the community has created an app '3D Fix Manager' which installs the 3D software and the lastest working NV 3D supported drivers, plus several fixes to stop games crashing. I dug my 3D glasses out, uninstalled the video drivers on my backup machine and ran 3D Fix Manager. I was then able to run a sim from 2009, EagleLander3D version 2.15 in glorious 3D-ness, on windows 11. Then I recalled that Fraps could record 3D content in SBS (side by side) format.
I ended up watching my recorded SBS footage on the big screen in Virtual Desktop using my Quest 2. Absolutely erm-aze-ing.... well chuffed.
50743309342_f2ff8e8c04_o_d.gif

Sadly, I believe that 3D Fix Manager has been abandoned, its a shame as it really is a fantastic work around for those of us still into the 3D scene

While it may not still be supported by the original dev, it still has a lot of contributors to expand the number of game profiles. And it still works out of the box. There are mods for newer cards, and although nvidia have washed their hands of it, the legacy 3D drivers and the 3D fix manager turn pancake games into stereoscopic 3D which gives them a new lease of life.

Back
Top Bottom