• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Buying a used mining GPU rewards the people who ruined PC gaming​

Buying a brand new card rewards the people who ruined PC gaming, buying a used card hurts their salves and revenue figures which is all they care about.
I need a new GPU desperately though 980ti with a 3440x1440 monitor... so whomever launches first gets my monitor

All these tech youtubers getting too boring.

I notice they dont do interesting things like how to undervolt, I sent potential content ideas to both HUB and GN who didnt even reply. But they just push out review after review or rumour videos on new hardware so their channels are just dominated about new hardware news now.

They seem to have comfort zones they dont want to go out of.
yea youtube got boring as hell.

it's just people basically reading twitter or some web article for you but taking 10-20 minutes to do it

Buying a brand new card rewards the people who ruined PC gaming, buying a used card hurts their salves and revenue figures which is all they care about.
I need a new GPU desperately though 980ti with a 3440x1440 monitor... so whomever launches first gets my monitor

it's just people basically reading twitter or some web article for you but taking 10-20 minutes to do it
Yep I hate that as well, all the dragging out of the video length which is why I tend to tell people to write what a video does when they link it here now once I see its over 5 minutes long.

I seen a 14 minute video a couple of weeks ago where it took the guy 12 minutes to get to the point of the video.

You're giving your monitor away to a retailer?

Wouldn't catch me doing that.

It's not a shill article. He has a great point and I agree with him. Did you actually read it fully ?
Not sure if it's a 'shill article' but it is at the very least a very naive and childish one. This part in particular:

That’s the part that really sticks in my craw: If you’ve made thousands of dollars a month from mining, you’ve already recovered the price of those GPUs ten fold. It’s like an oil company buying an oil rig for $10 million, making $200 million pumping oil with it, and then selling that beat-to-hell used rig for $8 million (hardly used).

I won’t tear down any miner for making the killing he or she has—more power to them in fact for being such successful go-getters. But do you have to be so damned greedy you can’t sell that card at a reasonable price to give those PC gamers the break they so deserve?
Miners are doing business and they are not going to give the slightest **** about being 'nice' to gamers by selling them hardware for a 'generous' price. They simply want to recoup as much money as possible from their investments and there is nothing unreasonable about that. They are not charities.

Last edited:
That’s the part that really sticks in my craw: If you’ve made thousands of dollars a month from mining, you’ve already recovered the price of those GPUs ten fold. It’s like an oil company buying an oil rig for $10 million, making $200 million pumping oil with it, and then selling that beat-to-hell used rig for $8 million (hardly used).
I won’t tear down any miner for making the killing he or she has—more power to them in fact for being such successful go-getters. But do you have to be so damned greedy you can’t sell that card at a reasonable price to give those PC gamers the break they so deserve?

How about applying that there "logic" to Nvidia and AMD then?

Individuals have to have some sort of financial conscience it seems but not huge mutil-billion dollar corporations...

Typical of the media these days, everything is the responsibility of the individual, not the ad-revenue generating corpo giants or the govt.

How about applying that there "logic" to Nvidia and AMD then?

Individuals have to have some sort of financial conscience it seems but not huge mutil-billion dollar corporations...

Typical of the media these days, everything is the responsibility of the individual, not the ad-revenue generating corpo giants or the govt.
Yup, Nvidia behaved shockingly in the last couple of years and were one of the root causes of the supply crapshow with how they sold buckets of GPU's to miners. If anyone is lacking a conscience, it's them.

Yup, Nvidia behaved shockingly in the last couple of years and were one of the root causes of the supply crapshow with how they sold buckets of GPU's to miners. If anyone is lacking a conscience, it's them.

Yep, as usual the shill media say nothing about them though. And then they wonder why people are moving away from MSM...

If only people refrained from buying them every gen...
No way, people with money to burn will always buy the latest and greatest regardless if they need it or not. I bet 3/4 of the people in here don't actually need an upgrade but will happily buy a new gen if its available and at a reasonable price (in their opinion).

Back
Top Bottom