• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

If only people refrained from buying them every gen...

Why? People have requirements to fulfil. People want to play that new game at high graphics settings with full RT. And if Nvidia provide the best solution then people should buy that Nvidia solution. If AMD and Intel want a share of the pie they need to not just compete but get in there first. Intel's doing the right thing with their AV1 encoder, for instance. What's the betting that Nvidia's 4000 series has an AV1 encoder?

Yup, Nvidia behaved shockingly in the last couple of years and were one of the root causes of the supply crapshow with how they sold buckets of GPU's to miners. If anyone is lacking a conscience, it's them.

I thought it was the AIB’s that were selling to miners by the pallet load rather than Nvidia themselves?

No way, people with money to burn will always buy the latest and greatest regardless if they need it or not. I bet 3/4 of the people in here don't actually need an upgrade but will happily buy a new gen if its available and at a unreasonable price (in their opinion).

Fixed your quote.

At the end of the day money is just a piece of paper, there is no point hoarding it and then you die. The only question with money is opportunity cost - what else can you do with the same money and do you need/want to do something else with it to be happy

Nope. 3000 series is old.

3000 series is pure garbage now, As soon as 4000 series launches everyone should smash their 3000 series cards against the wall and buy the new shiny, I want to see videos of 3090Ti's thrown into metal shredders !

Why? People have requirements to fulfil. People want to play that new game at high graphics settings with full RT. And if Nvidia provide the best solution then people should buy that Nvidia solution. If AMD and Intel want a share of the pie they need to not just compete but get in there first. Intel's doing the right thing with their AV1 encoder, for instance. What's the betting that Nvidia's 4000 series has an AV1 encoder?

It's because we have whales with more money than sense that Nvidia now charge £1500-£2000 for a card that should cost maybe £800 at the most. Guaranteed in a few more years the xx80Ti class cards will be in the £2000 price range, Outside of any crisis event, And the profit margins will be insane.

PC gaming at decent performance levels is starting to become a hobby for the privileged few, A fair few of my old gaming buddies have gone over to console as PC is just too damn expensive and it won't get better anytime soon.

It's because we have whales with more money than sense that Nvidia now charge £1500 for a card that should cost maybe £800 at the most. Guaranteed in a few more years the xx80Ti class cards will be in the £2000 price range, Outside of any crisis event, And the profit margins will be insane.
Dude/Whale, you bought a £1250 graphics card just weeks ago!!!

PC gaming at decent performance levels is starting to become a hobby for the privileged few,

I disagree: people should try playing their games at medium settings rather than insisting that every setting be cranked to the max. RT aside I think that most people would notice very little difference.

Guaranteed in a few more years the xx80Ti class cards will be in the £2000 price range,

Don't tempt fate!

3000 series is pure garbage now, As soon as 4000 series launches everyone should smash their 3000 series cards against the wall and buy the new shiny, I want to see videos of 3090Ti's thrown into metal shredders !
probably get enough add revenue on youtube to pay for a 4090ti

It's because we have whales with more money than sense that Nvidia now charge £1500-£2000 for a card that should cost maybe £800 at the most. Guaranteed in a few more years the xx80Ti class cards will be in the £2000 price range, Outside of any crisis event, And the profit margins will be insane.

PC gaming at decent performance levels is starting to become a hobby for the privileged few, A fair few of my old gaming buddies have gone over to console as PC is just too damn expensive and it won't get better anytime soon.

:D

People literally say this exact same thing with every new generation of PC hardware that is released.

Few understand.....

But in all seriousness, if it weren't for mostly RT and playing on a 175hz screen now, I would be more than happy keeping the 3080 for another year or 2 but alas, I'm not willing to sacrifice on the biggest visual leap in graphics we have had in a long time along with getting the best motion clarity when playing at 130+ fps on a 175hz qd-oled screen, couldn't care less which brand offers something capable of doing that, as long as it provides good value for money.

People literally say this exact same thing with every new generation of PC hardware that is released.

It's been happening for the last few years though even pandemic aside, Mix in basic utilities going up by an estimated £4000+ extra per year with signs saying it'll go up even further, Food's going up, Taxes are going up etc... at that point PC gaming becomes a hobby for the privileged types in society.

For the ultra high end, the 3000 series will be garbage. This can't be your first new GPU generation, judging by your join date. This happens every generation, for the ultra high end.

Of course, it's completely obvious that the 3000 series cards will be great buys for mainstream gamers for years to come. Just as there are folk using 1080ti's, 2080's today, which are completely fine for those wanting to play at 1080P or 1440P.

I think some of you are being a bit harsh on the 3000 series, one of the reasons (of course there are many) the demand was so high was because they were really good. The power of the 3080 for £650 was staggering at the time (and still is as of August 2022). At RRP the 3060 ti, 3070 and 3080 all offered fantastic bang per buck especially when compared to their predecessors.

Obivously there's a discussion to be had about how high-end GPUs ended up in the £600-1000 bracket when many of us remember the time when anything more than £300 was considered high-end but that's probably a different discussion.

So the 4000 series is going to need to be something special, and lots of rumours (unfortunately) are suggesting they'll be more powerful, but extremely power-hungry; my ITX-build is going to suffer.

For the ultra high end, the 3000 series will be garbage. This can't be your first new GPU generation, judging by your join date. This happens every generation, for the ultra high end.

Of course, it's completely obvious that the 3000 series cards will be great buys for mainstream gamers for years to come. Just as there are folk using 1080ti's, 2080's today, which are completely fine for those wanting to play at 1080P or 1440P.
1080p / 1440p are what most people use and esport titles usually can run really high fps without having to buy right at the top end , I myself rather stick to 1440p I get more bang for buck from GPU dont see point of 4K for gaming unless you wanna play on large screen I prefer playing on desk with monitor infront so dont need massive screen

unless you have money to burn the 30 series didnt give much headroom at 4K unless FPS is well north of 100fps I aint interested in 4K

Back
Top Bottom