• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

There was a report recently of Nvidia doing another manufacturing run for 3090Ti - Interesting isn't it that they not only remain profitable at £1200 but they could be making more. That's a £700 drop over the launch price since April.

Ladies & Gentlemen I present to you that ridiculous and unrealistic profit margins are being sought, and GPUs are not a part of a free market economy because the supply is heavily controlled to manipulate the price and scarcity of lower margin better value products.

See 3080s going for £550 now on mm :o :cry:

Hopefully people won't let them go for much cheaper otherwise I may just keep mine as a backup gpu :p

I will offer you £399 and not a penny more! Why so low you may ask? Well simply put there is not enough vram on the damn thing.. How will anyone be able to play FC6 on it? I hear that’s a must play title, which therefore makes 10gb a deal breaker :p

3070 are around £400 with 3080 £100 more but better performance.

How much do you think the 3000 series will be come October? I'm guessing prices for the 4070 will be $499 with on par performance of the 3090ti surely that must mean anyone selling the 3070 & 3080 now is a good time otherwise the cost of them come Nov/ Dec will be in the region of £200 MAX but then who would buy a used 3070 thats probably been mined to death

3070 are around £400 with 3080 £100 more but better performance.

How much do you think the 3000 series will be come October? I'm guessing prices for the 4070 will be $499 with on par performance of the 3090ti surely that must mean anyone selling the 3070 & 3080 now is a good time otherwise the cost of them come Nov/ Dec will be in the region of £200 MAX but then who would buy a used 3070 thats probably been mined to death

That’s why Saul is mentally prepping himself to keep his 3080 as a spare card :p

He could have sold his 3080 for £1620 to CEX like I did, now if GPU’s end up in abundance this time around his 3080 will be worth peanuts relatively.

FFy74z4.gif

Come 4070/4080 announcement, 3080 prices:

ocuk mm offers - £200 and a half eaten ham sandwich, if they have been mined on - just the half eaten ham sandwich
ebay etc. - £350+

:D

Anything less than £300, I'll just hold on to it until the next gpu shortage/mining boom happens :p

• Haha
Reactions: TNA
I will offer you £399 and not a penny more! Why so low you may ask? Well simply put there is not enough vram on the damn thing.. How will anyone be able to play FC6 on it? I hear that’s a must play title, which therefore makes 10gb a deal breaker :p

Indeed, don't you know that a console GPU is better than the 3080. I learned that in the Vram debate thread. So he is nuts to be expecting £400 for it. (As an aside a 2070S is just the same as a 3070, I learned that in the same thread)

And what are you talking about, it's perfectly acceptable to use a cherry picked AMD sponsored game to decide if a Nvidia card isn't good enough. It's not logical to take a balanced view over a wide range titles. Of course the opposite applies if it's an AMD card. Here is a quote

Sure if you only test examples using certain titles then it will favour one brand over the other. For example if you only tested a few specific RT titles, my 6900 XT is faster than my 3090. That’s why it’s important to take a balanced view and test over a range of titles.
And
That's exactly right. The strengths and weakness or how good/bad a GPU shouldn't be based on a handful of games. As you say, certain games favour one brand or another. That attitude should be applied in all Graphic card discussions going forward. That's including the RT debate and the Vram debate. One game been better on GPU than the other doesn't mean anything.

But, as stated, that logic only seems to apply to AMD cards. :p

Indeed, don't you know that a console GPU is better than the 3080. I learned that in the Vram debate thread. So he is nuts to be expecting £400 for it. (As an aside a 2070S is just the same as a 3070, I learned that in the same thread)

And what are you talking about, it's perfectly acceptable to use a cherry picked AMD sponsored game to decide if a Nvidia card isn't good enough. It's not logical to take a balanced view over a wide range titles. Of course the opposite applies if it's an AMD card. Here is a quote

And

Gold!!!!! :D

Reactions: TNA

Hopefully people won't let them go for much cheaper otherwise I may just keep mine as a backup gpu :p

Ampere is already a trash level architecture so by the time Lovelace comes out you'll be lucky to get £200 for it, Even 3090 Ti's will likely be going for 400, 500 at most due to the amount of VRAM being the only valuable thing on it.

/s

There was a report recently of Nvidia doing another manufacturing run for 3090Ti - Interesting isn't it that they not only remain profitable at £1200 but they could be making more. That's a £700 drop over the launch price since April.

Ladies & Gentlemen I present to you that ridiculous and unrealistic profit margins are being sought, and GPUs are not a part of a free market economy because the supply is heavily controlled to manipulate the price and scarcity of lower margin better value products.

Manufacturers could've been charging these lower prices all along and still get massive profits but greed takes over people, There's making profit to enable future R&D, Wages etc... and then there's just taking the proverbial.

I think the AIB 4090 versions will push 2k
Because that 2k price point aged so well for Ampere once crypto tanked right? (Dropped like a stone and stock is still collecting dust on shelves)

If Nvidia wants my money at release, they will have to give me a reason not to wait for RDNA3.

Twice the money for +50% won't cut it. "Because ray tracing" won't do it either.

Second hand prices are still a joke...

saw someone selling a card in MM the other day then googled and it was cheaper to buy on some websites :S

I'd never buy a second hand card for just 20% or less discount when someone has used it for 2 years etc... seems like madness

The buyers taking 100% of the risk and the seller barely lost anything

Easy.

People who buy the halo card on release every gen will pay anything, if they went to 3K, they would still pay it.

One of my ex work mates buys every Nvidia halo product, If Nvidia released a 3090 Ti+ that saw a 0.5% perf increase over a "vanilla" 3090 Ti for £3000 he'd make up some excuse as to why he needed it, He did the same thing with the 3090 Ti, Even with the gen before lasts Titan Volta and then last gens RTX Titan, Both mainly aimed at workstations but nope, Had to have it.

Some people have more money than sense "Must have the latest shiny no matter the cost" or "keep up with the Jones syndrome" as my dad calls it.

And

dumb-and-dumber-jim-carrey.gif

Back
Top Bottom