• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

I’m wondering how much power a US 110V socket can feasibly provide? Could we see PSU’s for very top level cards demanding two power leads in areas with 110V supplies..

I’m wondering how much power a US 110V socket can feasibly provide? Could we see PSU’s for very top level cards demanding two power leads in areas with 110V supplies..
Some 1600w units already require more current (at fulload) than a standard 15 amp outlet can provide. -and that's if the PC is the *only* thing on the circuit.

Another thing to consider is uninterruptible power supplies. It seems reasonable to to want to protect your high-end rig against sudden, uncontrolled shutdowns and my 3080Ti + sim rig already pull just over 1000 watts from the wall.

I had to pull a dedicated cable so my setup could have its own circuit and then buy a freaking 1500W uninterruptible power supply. -oh and a window-mount AC unit to deal with all the heat dumped into the room.

Things are already out of hand.

Lol Americans amirite with their silly 1500w circuits, while most of the world is Gigachads with 2400w circuits

i thought they would have released some info by now, so what's everyone's prediction?

Mines
4080/4090 ti's Sept / Oct $699 & 799$
4070's Nov / Dec 499$

4070s performance on par with 3080ti, I can't see it being on par with the 3090ti's as they need to get rid of the old 3000 series stock, no one is going to buy a 3090ti if the 4070 is cheaper and more powerful for newer tech.

Stock wont be an issue with the 4000 series as apparently they have overstock, which is a good thing to bring down the MSRP price and if the 4070 is on Par with the 3080ti which will mean you could buy a really good deal on 3080's. If the 4070 is a good deal i can finally upgrade from my 5700XT or get a 3080ti

i thought they would have released some info by now, so what's everyone's prediction?

Mines
4080/4090 ti's Sept / Oct $699 & 799$
4070's Nov / Dec 499$

4070s performance on par with 3080ti, I can't see it being on par with the 3090ti's as they need to get rid of the old 3000 series stock, no one is going to buy a 3090ti if the 4070 is cheaper and more powerful for newer tech.

Stock wont be an issue with the 4000 series as apparently they have overstock, which is a good thing to bring down the MSRP price and if the 4070 is on Par with the 3080ti which will mean you could buy a really good deal on 3080's. If the 4070 is a good deal i can finally upgrade from my 5700XT or get a 3080ti

Your estimates are very, very wrong IMO

Highly doubt 4080 will be available less than £850-900

Your estimates are very, very wrong IMO

Highly doubt 4080 will be available less than £850-900

I think that will be too high, we haven't got the issue with Miners that we had last time also we are entering into a global recession and with the energy crisis people will be reluctant to buy like they did last time. The question will be whether bots and scalpers will affect the price.

I think that will be too high, we haven't got the issue with Miners that we had last time also we are entering into a global recession and with the energy crisis people will be reluctant to buy like they did last time. The question will be whether bots and scalpers will affect the price.

Inflation, supply chain and fuel are the issues. All components cost more for Nvidia to buy. The total bill of materials for a high end GPU has rocketed - Nvidia will pass this onto consumers, as they have to keep shareholders happy. These GPU's have components from all around the world, these need fuel to be transported, fuel has rocketed. Supply chain issues mean not all components are available at their normal cost, Nvidia are forced to pay premium prices for highly sought after components.

Nvidia cards are so popular that gamers will saturate any level of stock they have on release, regardless of miners, IMO.

Inflation, supply chain and fuel are the issues. All components cost more for Nvidia to buy. The total bill of materials for a high end GPU has rocketed - Nvidia will pass this onto consumers, as they have to keep shareholders happy. These GPU's have components from all around the world, these need fuel to be transported, fuel has rocketed. Supply chain issues mean not all components are available at their normal cost, Nvidia are forced to pay premium prices for highly sought after components.

Nvidia cards are so popular that gamers will saturate any level of stock they have on release, regardless of miners, IMO.

If we look at the launch price of the 3090Ti just a few short months ago and the the current prices at which they are collecting dust on store shelves, we can see that Nvidia has plenty of margin available to absorb increased costs and there is also a real limit to what Nvidia can charge when their GPU's cannot print loads of money.

If Nvidia try to get stupid with pricing, I'll just wait and see what AMD has to offer. Nvidia can't make shareholders happy without first making buyers happy.

Nvidia isn't selling money printers this launch.

Back
Top Bottom