• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Why'd you need such a long reply for what was quite a simple post?

Obviously you're quite emotionally invested in getting a flagship GPU like the 4090.

I'm not particularly advocating the RTX 4080 either, but I was comparing it with the value of the 4090.

The RX 7900 XT beats them both on cost per frame.

I don't care how the GPU is named, performance and value are what count.
If all you can find fault with is the length of my reply and nothing else then my work here is done! ;) Though you can view the length of my in depth reply as proportional to the obtuseness of the recipient. :p

At least you now know why it is not wise to view Nvidia's top tier card (4090) through the prism of 'value for money'.

Last edited:
Want to know what I find hilarious, this bit in brackets:
(without upscaling)
I bet it's not as hilarious as i find PC gamers now accepting upscaling, something that people, even you the other day IIRC, derided consoles for doing.

Sure some forms of upscaling have made using it less crap than it used to be but being less crap doesn't mean it's not crap.
...you should not be paying £500 + for a 8GB gpu but ....
What you talking about, 8GB ought to be enough for anyone. ;)

Last edited:
I bet it's not as hilarious as i find PC gamers now accepting upscaling, something that people, even you the other day IIRC, derided consoles for doing.

Sure some forms of upscaling have made using it less crap than it used to be but being less crap doesn't mean it's not crap.

Eh no I have always said the checker boarding for ps 4 in Sony's games was fantastic way back when I had the ps 4 pro.

Variable/adaptive resolution is crap as there is no upscaling happening at all. Big difference.

Dlss is fantastic i.e. see all the comparisons even by hub where it can often look better than native.

3 years ago.... 3070 grunt and 8gb was a bargain/good value compared to the rest of the choices (after all £1000 2080ti performance for <£500) for its £470 price tag and arguably it still is good unless you like to only pay attention to broken games on launch and think that it is a GPU still capable of max settings when even a 3090 ***** the bed....

Last edited:
Eh no I have always said the checker boarding for ps 4 in Sony's games was fantastic way back when I had the ps 4 pro.

Variable/adaptive resolution is crap as there is no upscaling happening at all. Big difference.

Dlss is fantastic i.e. see all the comparisons even by hub where it can often look better than native.

Yep. Love me some DLSS. Combines so well with DLDSR in so many games. Trying out Dead Space timed demo on steam. Got it running 5160x2160 with DLSS on Balance so far :)

Game looks good. But nothing I have seen makes me want to rush out and play the full game.

How did it compare with Resident Evil 4 Remake for you?

Last edited:
What, dead space VS re 4?

Both are good and very similar, overall I would give it to RE 4 though. DS is worth it just for the QD-oled HDR shiny :cool:

My plan is, if I run out of games I fancy playing before Dead Space and the Star Wars game go on deep sale on steam, I will get ea pro sub and play them for a month.

Too many games right now though, so no rush. I had to have a look when it was free for 90 minion Steam though :D

If all you can find fault with is the length of my reply and nothing else then my work here is done! ;) Though you can view the length of my in depth reply as proportional to the obtuseness of the recipient. :p

At least you now know why it is not wise to view Nvidia's top tier card (4090) through the prism of 'value for money'.
You seem to have a pretty high opinion of yourself judging by your reply. As I've said you are emotionally invested in protecting what is essentially a device that generates computer graphics and outputs them to a display. Not everyone shares your short lived attachment to computer components.

It seems like the RTX 4060 (8GB) will perform like a RTX 3060 TI but be cheaper.

I think they should probably price the TI at the same MSRP of the RTX 3060 TI when that launched (£369).

Upscaling is fine when it comes as an additional bonus feature but the problem is that Nvidia are now charging more based on upscaling performance while raster is barely increasing at all.

Upscaling is fine when it comes as an additional bonus feature but the problem is that Nvidia are now charging more based on upscaling performance while raster is barely increasing at all.
Worse still IMO is that Nvidia, and people are buying into it, are now seemingly using it as an excuse for why their not adding $40 worth of extra memory to lower end cards.

They spend billions on R&D but apparently that wasn't enough to workout that graphic cards would probably need to have the same amount of memory as consoles that were being developed more than 5 years ago.

Worse still IMO is that Nvidia, and people are buying into it, are now seemingly using it as an excuse for why their not adding $40 worth of extra memory to lower end cards.

They spend billions on R&D but apparently that wasn't enough to workout that graphic cards would probably need to have the same amount of memory as consoles that were being developed more than 5 years ago.

Let's get real. We all know why they do what they do. Product segmentation, upselling and maxising profits :)

You seem to have a pretty high opinion of yourself judging by your reply. As I've said you are emotionally invested in protecting what is essentially a device that generates computer graphics and outputs them to a display. Not everyone shares your short lived attachment to computer components.
What are you prattling on about and making up now? You might try to deflect while digressing from what your original statement was but you were the one that originally got in a tissy because I (and others) stated that the top tier card was never a value for money purchase or proposition and shouldn't be viewed as such now. Any discussion or comment about anything else is you deflecting. So carry on deflecting.

Last edited:
Let's get real. We all know why they do what they do. Product segmentation, upselling and maxising profits :)
I get that and have no problem with it, what's got me annoyed is how they're peeing on my head and telling me it's raining.

If someone wants to buy an 8GB graphics card that's cool, not everyone's going to need more memory, just don't charge me an extra $100 for something that i know costs $40 or tell me that i don't need it because software is going to come to the rescue.

Reactions: TNA
£550 = do I get the 12Gb 4070 or the 16Gb 4060Ti, decisions decisions
speechless-nathan-fillion.gif

(Just to be clear, of course, i'm indicating that the pricing for the 4060Ti is so insane that of course you'd go for the 4070. It has faster VRAM anyway)

I get that and have no problem with it, what's got me annoyed is how they're peeing on my head and telling me it's raining.

If someone wants to buy an 8GB graphics card that's cool, not everyone's going to need more memory, just don't charge me an extra $100 for something that i know costs $40 or tell me that i don't need it because software is going to come to the rescue.

Unfortunately that comes under product segmentation, upselling and maxising profits. Either we pay or go AMD which has their own issues, like relatively poor upscaling and RT a gen behind.

Pick your poison :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom