• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

The thing is LTT wasn't much better but he seems to get away with it.

I don’t understand how they can be so reasonably positive when so many of the graphs show it as merely a few frames within the performance of a 3060Ti. A card that launched 2.5 years ago.

Is everyone drunk? Like what’s going on.

The only decent thing is that it has low power draw. But that’s literally it. And that’s meaningless anyway at this level let’s be realistic.

I do love how there are games the 4060ti is slower than the 3060ti in... though I don't get the insistence it should be a 16GB card in some of the reviews aside from the price, performance wise it will rarely overlap with useful core performance and needing more than maybe 10GB VRAM.

It's funny really what Nvidia did with the 60ti class.. From the best performance to price card in the 30 series to the worse card in the 40 series. :rolleyes:

Lets see how bad they can make the 50 series. They really have lost the plot and the greed is at an all time high.. Just check the pcb on a 4060ti compared even to the 3060ti..

4060ti fe - https://www.techpowerup.com/review/nvidia-geforce-rtx-4060-ti-founders-edition/4.html

3060ti fe - https://www.techpowerup.com/review/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3060-ti-founders-edition/5.html

Cheaper to build cards with less components... 3060ti was 8 phase + 2 memory phases... 4060ti 4 phase and 2 memory phases and way less components on the board compared to a 3060ti.. Joke really.

Ohh also pcie4 8x 4060ti vs 16x on the 3060ti... then the memory bus that is half the size. Basically a 4050 sold as a 4060ti.

Last edited:
It's funny really what Nvidia did with the 60ti class.. From the best performance to price card in the 30 series to the worse card in the 40 series. :rolleyes:

It’s sad! Going way back to the GTX 260, the ‘60’ series was always a great solid card.

This is just pointless. They might as well have just kept producing the 3060Ti at a discount. But we all know the only reason the 4060Ti exists is because it’s probably cheaper for Nvidia to make. They don’t even care that they are harming their own brand at this point, or that it damages the 60 series as a product proposition which had been a go to for so many people since it was released with the 260.

The fact that it produces worse performance in some titles, I’m just dumb founded.

It’s sad! Going way back to the GTX 260, the ‘60’ series was always a great solid card.

This is just pointless. They might as well have just kept producing the 3060Ti at a discount. But we all know the only reason the 4060Ti exists is because it’s probably cheaper for Nvidia to make. They don’t even care that they are harming their own brand at this point, or that it damages the 60 series as a product proposition which had been a go to for so many people since it was released with the 260.

The fact that it produces worse performance in some titles, I’m just dumb founded.

It almost looks like they could have just tweaked the GA104 chip (used in the 3060ti) to 192bit bus, manufactured it at TSMC, could then released a less cut down chip, and with upped clocks would have had a great little firecracker.

Last edited:

Lets see how bad they can make the 50 series. They really have lost the plot and the greed is at an all time high.. Just check the pcb on a 4060ti compared even to the 3060ti..

4060ti fe - https://www.techpowerup.com/review/nvidia-geforce-rtx-4060-ti-founders-edition/4.html

3060ti fe - https://www.techpowerup.com/review/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3060-ti-founders-edition/5.html

Cheaper to build cards with less components... 3060ti was 8 phase + 2 memory phases... 4060ti 4 phase and 2 memory phases and way less components on the board compared to a 3060ti.. Joke really.

Ohh also pcie4 8x 4060ti vs 16x on the 3060ti... then the memory bus that is half the size. Basically a 4050 sold as a 4060ti.
The massive reduction in power consumption really tells you everything.

A few % decrease, sure. But normally, from one gen to the next, when you gain massively in efficiency you use that extra headroom to increase perf, and overall keep a similar power budget.

This is plainly and simply a mick take. The question is, will enough people still buy.

my asus strix 4090oc hotpot reaches 89c sometimes during microsoft flight simulator(while gpu says 62c max) do you guys reckon putting 2 bequiet silent wings 3 on the bottom of my lian li 216 would bring that down a few degrees? i like the idea of them as they're quiet like rest of the system however they dont have the best static pressure of 1.79 if that matters much

A few % decrease, sure. But normally, from one gen to the next, when you gain massively in efficiency you use that extra headroom to increase perf, and overall keep a similar power budget.

Well, yeh. That is because the 4070 should actually be the 4060Ti. Then there would have been a decent 30% ish uplift.

I don't think anyone would have been disappointed at a sub £400 card that matched the 3080 at 200w with 12gb of vram.

Last edited:
my asus strix 4090oc hotpot reaches 89c sometimes during microsoft flight simulator(while gpu says 62c max) do you guys reckon putting 2 bequiet silent wings 3 on the bottom of my lian li 216 would bring that down a few degrees? i like the idea of them as they're quiet like rest of the system however they dont have the best static pressure of 1.79 if that matters much
Looks like Asus messed up with thermal paste application on your card
I've not seen hotspot on my 4090fe being higher than 10c over gpu and usually 7c or less depending on the load.

Back
Top Bottom