• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Caporegime
Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Half the price? Fat chance I say, fat chance!

I predict 5090will only see a 10-20% uplift over a 4090 whilst being 25% more expensive, bookmark this post for a year's time :D

I am saying 4090 used will be half price and/or Nvidia will release a GPU with similar grunt for around £800.

You really think there is no chance of either? Maybe I should bookmark my comment also :D

Soldato
Half the price? Fat chance I say, fat chance!

I predict 5090will only see a 10-20% uplift over a 4090 whilst being 25% more expensive, bookmark this post for a year's time :D

You are probably right about the price. NVIDIA are not slow to recognise when people are prepared to pay, and if the 4090 has told us one thing, it's that the top-end enthusiasts have deep pockets.

Personally, I don't care about "future improvements". Once upon a time I would have been very interested, but have given up hope of ever "upgrading". I will wait till my existing card dies, then reluctantly buy a new one.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
4090 won't be half price used either just watch :p 3090s are currently going used on ebay for £850, they launched at £1500, so not quite half price, and that launched 2 years ago, so a 4090 at half price a year from now is slim chance for sure :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
4090 won't be half price used either just watch :p 3090s are currently going used on ebay for £850, they launched at £1500, so not quite half price, and that launched 2 years ago, so a 4090 at half price a year from now is slim chance for sure :D
Pro users prob propping that price up a fair bit tbh, SLi'ing for that big memory pool.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Either way I am fixed to this 4090 now :p It's too powerful to need an upgrade, and DLSS2/3 are there if in a couple years time games get to the point where 100fps isn't possible from a 4090 in UWQHD :D

Reactions: TNA
Soldato
I can’t see Nvidia delivering 4090 performance for £800 considering they would need a card that’s 70% faster than a 4070ti. unless they plan on going back to a larger die a 70% performance jump from 5>3nm won’t be achievable.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Either way I am fixed to this 4090 now :p It's too powerful to need an upgrade, and DLSS2/3 are there if in a couple years time games get to the point where 100fps isn't possible from a 4090 in UWQHD :D

We will see how powerful it feels in a year or two once UE5 games start coming out. Will probably feel like the 3080 Ti does now.

I can’t see Nvidia delivering 4090 performance for £800 considering they would need a card that’s 70% faster than a 4070ti. unless they plan on going back to a larger die a 70% performance jump from 5>3nm won’t be achievable.

You are probably right, but one can hope. End of the day if they manage to get a nice jump in performance for the 5090 then there will still be a nice gap below for segmentation. As long as they realise 4080 does not sell at £1200 and they lower that while increasing it's performance, we may not be a million miles of. I mean certainly can see it a possibility for used 4090. Would not say impossible. We will see I guess.

Last edited:
Soldato

It's already not possible now on some titles :cry: without Fake Frames AKA DLSS3 and then titles that don't even have DLSS3 support.

NviCqJy.gif

DLSS3

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Poor optimisation of games is down to the developer not the GPU :p

Path tracing is 60fps on ultra in CP2077, but that's soon to get a boost with the neural AI path tracing update coming soon.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Check it out:

+

Soldato
Check it out:

+

Nice, Thank you :)

Caporegime
Poor optimisation of games is down to the developer not the GPU :p

Path tracing is 60fps on ultra in CP2077, but that's soon to get a boost with the neural AI path tracing update coming soon.

Not according to some armchair experts on here, depends on the game and it's issues and narrative though :p

Check it out:

+

Will be interesting to see how much of a boost there is with that especially if on ampere and turing since only mentions improvements for tensor cores.

Soldato
Not according to some armchair experts on here, depends on the game and it's issues and narrative though :p

Will be interesting to see how much of a boost there is with that especially if on ampere and turing since only mentions improvements for tensor cores.

Considering it was only just revealed by Nvidia a week ago I doubt Cyberpunk will get this until next year but it will be interesting to see.

Back
Top Bottom