• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Soldato
To play fantasy graphics card for a second: a 4060 ti with 16GB of GDDR6X and a fully unlocked AD106 could actually save it from being total crap. Except Nvidia would for sure charge $549 for it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Been like that for a few weeks now. Demand has really dried up for 4000 series.
Looking around most cards seem to be in stock, even the discounted 6000 series. I think everyone that wants one has something good enough or has run out of money. There is also the summer effect too.

Soldato
Looking around most cards seem to be in stock, even the discounted 6000 series. I think everyone that wants one has something good enough or has run out of money. There is also the summer effect too.

I think everyones on the fence about spending right now, i know i am. I considered getting the 4090 this year but i think im just gonna sit this one out and wait for 5000 series. The cost of living has been abit of an impact on us but not to the point where we can't save money or still do the things we want but more that we have to consider having a bigger pool of savings for the long run incase s*** hits the fan.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
People also get turned off very rapidly when they realise they are being ripped off. The word spreads and the high profile influencers (channels too) even had nothing positive to say when it came to how much was being commanded.

The people that wanted or needed a 4000 card now have them. This is where the playing field now gets interesting. The stocks of the old gen are also drying up.

Soldato
People also get turned off very rapidly when they realise they are being ripped off. The word spreads and the high profile influencers (channels too) even had nothing positive to say when it came to how much was being commanded.

The people that wanted or needed a 4000 card now have them. This is where the playing field now gets interesting. The stocks of the old gen are also drying up.

All that Nv will do is limit stock in channel to keep prices up (to keep shareholders happy).

Soldato
All that Nv will do is limit stock in channel to keep prices up (to keep shareholders happy).

But also at the same time risk holding that stock for too long and becoming inferior as they get closer to releasing new gen stuff. Unless they foresaw this and made absolutely bare minimum of gpu's like the 4060ti and upcoming 4060.

From what i understand they have to reserve x amount of chips and silicone for each gpu tier from the fabs. I could just be chatting s*** right now though.

Soldato
But also at the same time risk holding that stock for too long and becoming inferior as they get closer to releasing new gen stuff. Unless they foresaw this and made absolutely bare minimum of gpu's like the 4060ti and upcoming 4060.

From what i understand they have to reserve x amount of chips and silicone for each gpu tier from the fabs. I could just be chatting s*** right now though.

Didnt stop them with the 3000 series (or 2000 before). Shareholders > everyone else

Associate
I was tempted by the 4060 TI but then the prices put me off. The 8gb ram I can tolerate considering I don't get to game anywhere near as much as I used to, 4 to 6 hours a week at best and I only have a 1080p TV at the moment. It would have been a great upgrade over my GTX 1660 but I want to see what AMD come out with before I change my GPU. Seems like an RX 6650 might be a good stop gap for another year maybe 2 with keeping the settings down to compensate.

Soldato
These results highlight the big difference between steam data and the "hardcore" pc gamers - in general, most gamers do not engage online so anyone who does, whether you post on this forum or you watch channels like hardware unboxed on YouTube, this engagement makes you a hardcore user.

Now onto the results; steam shows that 80% of its 200 million accounts have 8gb or less vram.

Last edited:
Soldato
What were Nv thinking releasing a £800 card with only 12gb vram?!? (4070ti). They must think the majority are fools. I needed an upgrade but decided against Nv this gen and instead went with £750 7900XT which made more financial sense and for longevity.

Not even the 4080 has enough for my liking. And I agree, the AMD cards are looking better and better each day.

Soldato
What were Nv thinking releasing a £800 card with only 12gb vram?!? (4070ti). They must think the majority are fools. I needed an upgrade but decided against Nv this gen and instead went with £750 7900XT which made more financial sense and for longevity.

It'll be interesting to see in a few years time which cards come out ontop and age better. My monies on the AMD cards with 20 and 24gb but will they have the raw horsepower to keep them going is another matter.

Soldato
I'm enjoying how this Graphically Challenged video about a potential 40 super series is basically just this guy's fantasy card lineup and some other sites are reporting them as though they're leaks.

That said an AD104 based 4060 super with 16GB RAM and ~5000 SPs for $399 would be pretty decent and I would consider buying it but it is also not happening.

Back
Top Bottom