• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Caporegime
Lower power means also lower heat. Quite nice during summer.

Yup, my room is getting very toasty now in the heat, dropped back to my original undervolt of .825 @1800 from .875 @ 1915 on the 3080 fe and it has helped a good bit but still not great. Ada is a beast in this department, nvidia should have marketed this given the forum decided that power efficiency/consumption was the most important thing and by a good chunk at that too especially when Lisa/AMD made all the efficiency claims of chiplet/rdna 3 and it was lapped up, power efficiency/consumption probably isn't a factor now though.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yup, my room is getting very toasty now in the heat, dropped back to my original undervolt of .825 @1800 from .875 @ 1915 on the 3080 fe and it has helped a good bit but still not great. Ada is a beast in this department, nvidia should have marketed this given the forum decided that power efficiency/consumption was the most important thing and by a good chunk at that too especially when Lisa/AMD made all the efficiency claims of chiplet/rdna 3 and it was lapped up, power efficiency/consumption probably isn't a factor now though.

Caporegime
Haha, I don't think I'm really disagreeing with you, it really depends if you're defining 'good' as purely performance based - or price to performance.

Do you think the 4080 is good at £1200?
Purely performance based. Value seems to no longer exist in the GPU market and I have now accepted that if I want to keep gaming at the bleeding edge (which I do as I now play VR a lot) that it will cost me around two grand every couple of years unless I skip a launch.

Soldato
in this recent warm weather the asus strix is reaching 91+C hotspot :eek:

This is where watercooling comes in on its own! hotspot and mem junction temps are sitting around 68c and below! Core still sitting under 48c, normal climate for uk would be around 40-42 so not staggering higher despite the increase in ambient temps.

Only problem is, the radiator literally becomes a radiator and the whole room becomes a furnace :cry:

Associate
This is where watercooling comes in on its own! hotspot and mem junction temps are sitting around 68c and below! Core still sitting under 48c, normal climate for uk would be around 40-42 so not staggering higher despite the increase in ambient temps.

Only problem is, the radiator literally becomes a radiator and the whole room becomes a furnace :cry:
that is indeed impressive!
as for myself i wouldnt expect to see 91c+ hotspot (non hotspot is 73c) with 27.8c ambient temp considering the strix is supposed to have the best non water cooling

Caporegime
4090 FE finally out of stock.

Think it was out of stock for a couple of days? I looked last night and it was anyway.

EDIT:

Showing on the main tab, before when you clicked on "buy now", it brought you to another page but was saying out of stock there.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
4090 FE finally out of stock.

How bad the 4000 series line up is - they could easily add a grand to the 4090 price and probably sell just as well, while the cards below that need about a third knocked off the price and then they'd probably sell as many as they could make - and it isn't like there are production issues of a scale which would dictate higher prices and if they can't make them profitable at around 2/3rds of the current prices they are really bad at their job. Whoever was product manager or whatever on this line-up needs firing.

Back
Top Bottom