• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Caporegime
Back to another 4080 jedi? This like the 5th one now or what? :cry: Didn't you have a 7900xt(x) before?
Yeah man, XT is great but had some strange slowdown issues in The Division 2 (main game) and was driving me a bit potty. Also might be a boosting issue with it too so it's going back to OcUK but will get a friend to test it out for me first.

Didn't cost me much to switch so it was a no brainer really, aiming to keep this til next gen...

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah man, XT is great but had some strange slowdown issues in The Division 2 (main game) and was driving me a bit potty. Also might be a boosting issue with it too so it's going back to OcUK but will get a friend to test it out for me first.

Didn't cost me much to switch so it was a no brainer really, aiming to keep this til next gen...

Did you not have a 4090 at one stage? Or was that FraggiJedder? :confused:

Caporegime

Should have kept it in the hope for fine wine to finally ferment :p

Soldato
How much would you pay for a 4090 on the used market now? Prices seem to vary wildy on the market, seem so go as cheap as 1200 and some more than retail which makes little sense to me.

Associate
How much would you pay for a 4090 on the used market now? Prices seem to vary wildy on the market, seem so go as cheap as 1200 and some more than retail which makes little sense to me.
Might just be me but id never spend that sort of money 2nd hand especially on a high end GPU. I got a MSi gaming trio X 4090 for just over £1600 brand new which I thought was a good deal not from here another retailer

Associate
Might just be me but id never spend that sort of money 2nd hand especially on a high end GPU. I got a MSi gaming trio X 4090 for just over £1600 brand new which I thought was a good deal not from here another retailer
Agreed I had this dilemma could have got a Suprim X for 1450 on ebay still paid the premium to just get it from a retailer to ensure no issues should the worst happen. Given the costs involved unless you're dealing with a trusted seller who happens to have proof of purchase and would be willing to help if you run into any issues... then perhaps so.

I imagine the members market on here would probably be good for such a scenario.

But run that risk and grab a great deal is also the other scenario :)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Is getting toasty here too, just put together a new rig with a 4090 so I'll try and set it on fire later as it's downloading jedi survivor at the minute ( freebie with ryzen ), I'll have to play on my 3080 peasant edition in the meantime.
Hot weather hasn't really affected mine tbh, still in the quiet fan VBIOS profile even for gaming. Temps are solid and the core clock still stay stable at 2700MHz stock turbo.

cDxj5Hs.png

Last edited:
Soldato

I agree. Electronics on ebay and the like, my philosophy has always been "don't buy unless you can afford to lose the money" and I can't afford to lose that much money.

Plus the fact that people very often mishandle electronics. They don't care if it dies in a month, they just want to sell it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Got a cheeky b-grade 4070 heading this way (lol did I say I wasn't planning on upgrading?). Think I got a pretty reasonable deal on it. Obviously I'm not going to count my chickens until I've tested it but I will say OcUK's support/pre-sales have been very good.

• Haha
Reactions: TNA
Back
Top Bottom