• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Associate
What part of I’ve got to come clean don’t you understand? @Joxeon
Don’t get upset I actually got it for a decent price and against your narrative. (I don’t have to post my receipt here from elsewhere to show my discount lol)

Last edited:
Soldato
It will also be interesting how high raw performance Nvidia can muster in the next gen without DLSS 4.0 or whatever they call it.
+35% if they use the same size dies or + 70% if they go back to the normal die sizes.

I guess it'll depend on how well AIs working out for them and if AMD bothers to turn up next time around.

Last edited:
Associate
+35% if they use the same size dies or + 70% if they go back to the normal die sizes.

I guess it'll depend on how well AIs working out for them and if AMD bothers to turn up next time around.
Why wouldn’t they carry on using cut down dies? It’s win win for Nvidia charge customers more for practically not turning up. I’ll learn how to link this thread when next gen comes out more expensive than this.

Last edited:

G J

G J

Associate
You were the one who posted quite a few times you got it for £750 I guess you now paid £670 :p

Maybe in a few months you'll have it down to £600.
You're talking to someone who's been complaining about pricing and nvidia for a while but was happy to give nvidia 7 GPU sales that they where happy to mine/scalp for profits which would have covered the cost of the AMD card he currently has and possibly the next one he decides to buy.

I managed a 3080 FE, 3070 FE, 3090 FE 3X, 3080ti FE 3060ti FE.

The only issue is you have to be prepared to leave meetings etc to respond to alerts- I agree not everyone can do this.

All sold for profit and have kept the 3060ti FE

Last edited:
Associate
You're talking to someone who's been complaining about pricing and nvidia for a while but was happy to give nvidia 7 GPU sales that they where happy to mine/scalp for profits which would have covered the cost of the AMD card he currently has and possibly the next one he decides to buy.
It was difficult to resist tbh. It covered the cost of some of my setup and yes I have more than covered my current gpu. I don’t think I ever moaned about Nvidia pricing?

Soldato
4090 gigabyte gaming oc or a 4090 strix? £200 difference…

Quietish fans and hopefully limited coil whine are preferable but I know there are no guarantees there.
Weren’t Gigabyte cards cracking? I’d probably stick with ASUS or MSI, and you can definitely get those for less than the Strix.

Soldato
Agreed, especially the 4080. AMD lack any future proofing for RT or AI-based tech.
That's assuming RT or AI-based tech is the future. :)

I'm not saying it's not but I'm also not saying it is, IDK because i can't look into the future and I'm not knowledgable enough to make an educated guess on it.

Soldato
This is what people said about the 3000 series, it has future proofing in this respect, it doesn't so why is the current gen deemed it more so?
I don’t think any of the new cards will age particularly well bar the 4090 as all the rest aren’t much faster than last gen.

Back
Top Bottom