• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

AMD do not have to lower the price. AIB to AIB and 4070 super is a rip off. Seriously? Who is going to pay £600+ for those cards. I bet the FE model will be OOS relatively quickly.
I agree. It used to be "when will NVIDIA drop prices to respond to AMD?" Because NVIDIA is what everyone wanted.

Now it's "when will AMD repsond to NVIDIA?". Overall prices are so high, AMD's better value gives them as much demand as they want.

Temporarily clearing inventory from the site for more expensive cards coming in maybe?

Nope.

I’m amazing at my job and as such we have now sold all our 4080 inventory and I won’t be stocking any more.

Likewise for the 4070Ti we only have around 49 cards left of which I reduced price today to clear.

In short a perfect transition for OcUK to the new Super series which are replacing the none super variants on 4070ti and 4080 due to been same price but faster and with more features.

4070 and 4070 Super will run alongside and as such OcUK will do this but as far as I’m concerned the 4070ti and 4080 is EOL and OcUK won’t be restocking those. :)

Nope.

I’m amazing at my job and as such we have now sold all our 4080 inventory and I won’t be stocking any more.

Likewise for the 4070Ti we only have around 49 cards left of which I reduced price today to clear.

In short a perfect transition for OcUK to the new Super series which are replacing the none super variants on 4070ti and 4080 due to been same price but faster and with more features.

4070 and 4070 Super will run alongside and as such OcUK will do this but as far as I’m concerned the 4070ti and 4080 is EOL and OcUK won’t be restocking those. :)
Wow, that's really interesting. 4070 Ti x49 will clear at £800, a week before the Ti Super...

The general DIY computer enthusiast isn't laser focused on price/performance as much as I thought. I guess a discount is a discount regardless of what's happening next week.

I remember the day of the announcment, approx 4 models of 4080 were reduced to £1,000 immediately. I thought there is no way they would sell :D, I was so wrong.

Wow, that's really interesting. 4070 Ti x49 will clear at £800, a week before the Ti Super...

The general DIY computer enthusiast isn't laser focused on price/performance as much as I thought. I guess a discount is a discount regardless of what's happening next week.

I remember the day of the announcment, approx 4 models of 4080 were reduced to £1,000 immediately. I thought there is no way they would sell :D, I was so wrong.

Our regular SI/Trade business will likely consume them as those business models do not stop trading like the DIY end user market, because yep you are absolutely spot on as no one in their right mind would be buying a none Super 4070ti or 4080 now with faster Supers around the corner for the same or less money.. :)

something doesn't add up, who the hell is stupid enough to buy 4080 when everyone knows very slightly better cards on way at same price, you would need to be clinically insane to buy a 4080 :cry:

You cannot from us, we have sold all our 4080's, the Supers will be available end of month. :)

Other shops still have 4080 models. Overclockers seem to have special customers.

Not that, I have known new cards were coming from sometime so stopped buying additional stock on 4070ti and 4080 sometime ago and as such we had little clear, I think the last handful of 4080's we had left sold out start of this week and I have no plans to replenish when I can buy Supers for same money, so the focus will be on the new model variant and no need to worry about trying to flush out old stock at losses. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom