• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

5DKi1e6.jpg.png
Based on my own speculation for prices for ADA, current pricing for Ampere, and leaked TSE scores. Sadly table function on this forum seems kinda borked so I had to do it as an image. Was mostly curious to see if Ampere's worth buying now, and which ones to look out for on the second-hand market, mostly eyeing the 3080 Ti/3080 12G as of now, it seems competitive with 4070 and I don't believe Nvidia's going to jebait us with it at $499 again (which was a lie even 2 years ago for 3070). Guess we'll have to see in a few days if it even gets announced.

The 3080 being such a monster, and the crypto market pooping itself, will hopefully mean less demand for the 4000's. I'll upgrade, but not for more than the RRP, scalpers and resellers can fupp off!

Going by the Videocardz
rumoured specs table:
uMqIDk4.png
the 12GB 4080 (aka "really not a 4070, honestly!") will be the most power hungry 192-bit card of all time!

Was it all "enthusiasts" though?

Once mining profitability tanked, so too did Nvidia's sales.

3090ti's have been sitting on shelves at almost half price for a while now. I'm sure Nvidia has noticed.

*edit* quoted from page one of the thread. Point still stands though.

2080ti's weren't exactly best sellers either I remember GN stating they didn't sell at all well until the first lockdown hit and everyone was building PC's at home, nvidia seem happy enough to live with low volume, high margin sales. At least until the miners get their act together.

Going by the Videocardz
rumoured specs table:
uMqIDk4.png
the 12GB 4080 (aka "really not a 4070, honestly!") will be the most power hungry 192-bit card of all time!

516W for the 16gb!!!! 350w of heat is bad enough its like turning on the oven 500+ is just bonkers. Unless the 12gb is a big performance improvement over the 3090 I'm out for this generation.

2080ti's weren't exactly best sellers either I remember GN stating they didn't sell at all well until the first lockdown hit and everyone was building PC's at home, nvidia seem happy enough to live with low volume, high margin sales. At least until the miners get their act together.
Until AMD and RDNA2 became a threat. -Then Nvidia priced the 3080 at $700.
RDNA3 is a threat this time.

Will be interesting to see if the 4090 VRAM can be OC’d to the same speed as the 4080 16GB’s 23Gbps, as the 3090 could compared to the 3090Ti, from 19Gbps to 21Gbps.

These recent years doesn't feel great for buying games. The only ones that has been appealing must haves is the Sony ports. God of War, Spider-Man, The Last of Us, The Uncharted Collection. As well as Cyberpunk that I've still never gotten back into. I look at everything else and think, do I need this? Nothing is saying god! I cannot miss out on this or need the hardware to run it. I certainly don't feel like I'm struggling with 12GB. I have to have this!

Plus the fact that Battle Royale killed gaming. They're all clones. Everything is follow the herd. With the need to sell skin cosmetics.

It has been a bit lacklustre/quiet the past 2-3 years for variety/selection of games but at the same time, some great games too. Definitely the next 2 years are looking a lot more promising though! Playing more often on my 3440x1440 display also means less need for extra grunt especially with dlss/fsr.

wow seems the gap between the 4080 (proper) and 4090 is much larger than 3080 and 3090

TBH, it's not surprising nvidia will potentially fix that blip they had with the 3080 compared to the 3090, you got 10-15% extra performance for "only" an extra £750 :cry: I'm surprised they didn't price the 3080 12gb models a bit cheaper either but instead they were also £1+k, however, that was the AIBs probably gouging it since nvidia didn't offer the FE for it.

It has been a bit lacklustre/quiet the past 2-3 years for variety/selection of games but at the same time, some great games too. Definitely the next 2 years are looking a lot more promising though! Playing more often on my 3440x1440 display also means less need for extra grunt especially with dlss/fsr.

I hope so because lately it's always another god damn Battle Royale.

Will need to be a 4070 (4080 12gb) for my sff looking at them power requirements.
Unless AMD can take them on.

6c0d51d975d2c33174177e2a5dcfceaa.jpg

Back
Top Bottom