• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Associate
Hey,

Recently got a 4080 Super Zotac OC white, while the card runs great it had terrible coil whine so has been returned and purchased another but the whine is exactly the same..
Is this common on the 40 series or have I just been unlucky and try a 3rd time?

Last edited:
Soldato
Hey,

Recently got a 4080 Super Zotac OC white, while the card runs great it had terrible coil whine so has been returned and purchased another but the whine is exactly the same..

My OG 4080 Zotac is quiet as. No detectable coil whine.
Perhaps the fiddled with the supers

Soldato
That what am really hoping to do

Just praying now that i can get back into gaming as i lost interest in gaming for quiet some years now, But i really want to get back into it
I was the same. Really enjoying Cyberpunk at the moment with all the pretty things turned on! :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I was the same. Really enjoying Cyberpunk at the moment with all the pretty things turned on! :)
I been flying around in MS flightsim 2020 for some hours today with the setting all maxed out + HDR it does look really pretty was getting 50fps with it showing 100% useage of my 4090 :cry: but that is fine for this kind of game :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Hey,

Think i heard a bit of coil whine from my new ROG Strix 4090 yesterday, But didn't notice any from it today
(but i had the volume up on games today so i may of not heard it, Where yesterday i was only mainly bench testing a few games with no sound on)

There a 968 post thread here on it if you feel like reading it all :cry:

Last edited:
Associate
My OG 4080 Zotac is quiet as. No detectable coil whine.
Perhaps the fiddled with the supers
Think i heard a bit of coil whine from my new ROG Strix 4090 yesterday, But didn't notice any from it today
(but i had the volume up on games today so i may of not heard it, Where yesterday i was only mainly bench testing a few games with no sound on)

There a 968 post thread here on it if you feel like reading it all :cry:
Oh lord so many posts!

I wouldn’t mind if it was just in benchmarking but both cards it’s very loud whine under any game load as well :(

Guess we may be trying for card number 3..

Associate
Different card by my Zotac 4090 Amp Extreme Airo at least for me has no coil whine at all and I'm very sensitive to coil whine as the last few generations of Nvidia cards I've had have all had it, hell even my old Logitech MX Master 2 mouse had very slight coil whine when it was moving and that was annoying :cry:, Master 3 is silent thankfully.

If it's annoying it might be worth trying another.

Caporegime
Different card by my Zotac 4090 Amp Extreme Airo at least for me has no coil whine at all and I'm very sensitive to coil whine as the last few generations of Nvidia cards I've had have all had it, hell even my old Logitech MX Master 2 mouse had very slight coil whine when it was moving and that was annoying :cry:, Master 3 is silent thankfully.

If it's annoying it might be worth trying another.
Same for my 4090 Gamerock, if there is any I cannot hear it! I also had a 4090 TUF just after launch and that was horrendous, the worst I've ever had so at least I know what it sounds like now.

Soldato
I also can't hear coil whine on my 4090 but I was told I was wrong because apparently all cards have coil whine no matter what, so I guess I'm just deaf

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom