• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

im starting to wonder as loads of companies have been doing massive sales of psus at very low prices in last month or so. corsair for eg been flogging psus for less than half the normal retail price.
I wasn’t aware of this, nice spot. Probably want to launch the new PSUs with the GPU. Does make you wonder about the power draw of these new cards.

Grabbed an MSI A850GF as it came with Assassin's Creed Valhalla and all DLC, and I wanted a greater than 650w PSU.

5800X and 3070, fan has never spun up.
hope its decent. some of the new msi power supplies even though gold are **** . read reviews. hopefully you got one of the good ones.

Last edited:
someone needs to start making a case where the gpu section is pretty much split off from the rest of the case like they did with PSUs, just have one corridor and a 140mm fan pumping air straight out the back

motherboards need reversing too so the GPU sits at the top and blows air towards exhaust fans in the roof of the case

A lot of itx cases go the compartmentalised route, out of necessity, and play around with board orientation. Not that I'm recommending the form factor it does have compromises - build simplicity (and your sanity) being a big one.

If you reversed the motherboard, you would ideally want the GPU pcb/cooler reversed also, pull cooler air from below, and blow out the sides and drawn up and away. Has any AIB ever done that?

Last edited:
What they need to do is have two sets of PCie fingers, so that it seats it self into two separate slots. even if on is there just for stability, no electrical connection.

6800XT vs 3080 was a about the same on raster.
6900XT was better value than Nvidia at its price point.
I also thought one of the AMD cards in the $300-$400 range did better than Nvidia as well?

*edit* in the US.

Yea. That's why I specifically said in the UK ;)

If the leaks are anything to go by, this time you at least get 50% more performance for double your money...............
That's fine as paying a lot more should get you a decent jump anyway, not a measly 10-15%, as long as all the other cards get big boosts as well, probably not for the 4060 and below cards though.

Don't imagine anyone will boo Nvidia at the event for using a lower tier chip in the 4080 either.

Sounds like his buddies at EVGA (he didn't say EVGA but we all know he is sponsored by them and even if Nvidia doesn't sponsor him directly as he states) have some inside info that 4000 series is not happening for another year. So all waiting for 4000 series maybe waiting 12+ months more.

I haven’t forgotten, Jay.

Back
Top Bottom