• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Everyone annoyed at these prices is missing the point, they don't expect to sell many at this price!
They expect to sell a trickle at this high price, then when the 3000 series stock has eventually cleared out they'll drop the price. If they set the prices at a sensible level no-one would buy the 3000 series and AIB and retailers would be screaming at them because they got shafted with old stock no-one wants. I just hope AMD comes in lower than this, although can't see why they would by much.
The thing is that this may create a backlash against nvidia products and be the perfect opportunity for AMD to gain some mindshare.

Arg this is such a disappointment! I had convinced myself that I would pay any price for a 4080, but £1300 is just ridiculous. I can't justify that. I was hoping for more around 1k.

My little 980 TI can't hold on much longer :(
980ti here too, its showing its age too, skipped last gen because it looked like it was going to be a chore to get my hands on a card, then the prices went silly, need to see what the AMD offering is, whether its a good time or not to be buying a card now I think il be getting a new card in some form by the end of the year

Reflex needs compatible mouse etc to work, so you'd need a perfect pairing with your hardware and mouse etc to make use of it all effectively. You also need Gsync displays.

There is quite a few announced upcoming RT titles, next one being plague which is out next month and looks to be heavy on the RT effects. They probably used CP 2077 because of their partnership for it + we all know how demanding it is with RT and obviously it is still one of the best games visually and most demanding RT title we have so not too surprising to see them using it for showing of RT and DLSS 3.
Sure, I'll agree that there's stuff on the horizon that hasn't necessarily been announced yet *but* that stuff is gonna be developed primarily for the PS5 and XBox Series X. Unless nVidia's lining a devs pockets with cash, we're likely to continue to get games like Spider-Man - some nice improvements over current consoles but nothing 'next-gen'.

to be fair if you're looking at a 3060Ti than you're not the customer they are looking for, kinda like saying i should have bought that second hand focus cause the new BMW M4 is soooo expensive.

True, but depending on the price/performance of the announced cards we might be expecting a big drop in 3060Ti prices soon. As it is? Any price changes are likely to be modest. The 3090Ti is going to see a significant drop, which will presumably also push down the prices of the cards below, but until we see 4060/4070 announced I don't think there will be big movements in the lower-mid end cards.

to be fair if you're looking at a 3060Ti than you're not the customer they are looking for, kinda like saying i should have bought that second hand focus cause the new BMW M4 is soooo expensive.
I think his point was that now all the cheap 3000 cards that were hanging around won't be there anymore. They'll either be removed from sale or the 4000 announcement will prop up the prices.

Reactions: Cob
Back
Top Bottom